Public Image Limited to headline at Beautiful Days
The organisers of East Devon’s award-winning music extravaganza, Beautiful Days festival, have announced Public Image Limited is to headline the popular family event.
Public Image Limited is to headline East Devon’s Beautiful Day’s festival, the organisers of the popular family event have announced today.
Visitors flocking to Escot Park, near Ottery St Mary, keen to celebrate the festival’s 10th birthday, August 17 to 19, will also be treated to the sounds of Frank Turner & The Sleeping Souls, the Levellers plus Midlake, Jethro Tull’s Ian Anderson playing the Thick as a Brick album, Richard Thompson, The Waterboys, New Model Army.
Festival spokeswoman Laura Farrow said many more acts were still to be announced.
She said: “Widely regarded as one of the most innovative and influential bands of all time, Public Image Limited have been announced to headline the Levellers’ Beautiful Days festival in Devon on the Saturday this August.
“Frank Turner & The Sleeping Souls, who have enjoyed a massively successful last few years and are to play a headline show at Wembley Arena in April, are back at Escot Park by popular demand to headline the main stage on Friday night.
“Festival founders Levellers, who release new studio album Static On The Airwaves, in June will close the celebrations on the Sunday night followed by a firework spectacular.
- 1 OPINION: Hi-Tech – Is North Devon ahead or behind the curve?
- 2 Masons donate £20,000 to food banks
- 3 Steve’s family and friends bring Christmas to hospital ward
- 4 Property of the Week: Some of the finest views of North Devon's coast
- 5 Specialist fire crews rescue horse trapped in ditch
- 6 Village halls offered cash helping hand in Covid battle
- 7 Covid-19 ventilation advice for North Devon landlords
- 8 Together we can look forward to 2022
- 9 North Devon Weekend Football Results
- 10 Refresh your New Year’s wardrobe by donating unwanted clothes for a good cause
“Headlining The Big Top is Jethro Tull’s Ian Anderson plays Thick as a Brick, where Ian Anderson commemorates the 40th Anniversary of the groundbreaking album playing it in its entirety for the first time since its original tour.
“The festival is also delighted to welcome a host of other names including some more friends from previous years who are returning to Escot Park for the festival’s 10th year celebrations.”
While the acts for the The Little Big Top, Bimble Inn, The Band Stand andr the brand new Theatre Tent - which will be hosting theatre, puppet and musical performances throughout the day and stand-up comedy in the early evening – are yet to be announced, acts on the Main Stage and Big Top include folk-rockers The Waterboys, cult punk-rock band New Model Army, the energetic and outstanding folk big band Bellowhead and American ska-punk band Reel Big Fish.
Inspiral Carpets, who regrouped in 2011 with their original line-up, Alabama 3, are returning to play an electric set.
The festival’s traditional Sunday theme is still to be announced. .
Last year Beautiful Days festival was announced winner of Best Family Festival at the UK Festival Awards 2011.
• Tickets for the 10th Beautiful Days festival are on sale now from www.levellers.co.uk and www.seetickets.com
For more information about the festival go to www.beautifuldays.org