Public exhibition on new Bideford homes
- Credit: Archant
Anyone interested in the Winsford Park site where 750 new homes are proposed can come along to a public exhibition today (Fri).
A PUBLIC exhibition will be held today (Friday) and tomorrow to outline plans for around 750 new homes in Bideford.
Bloor Homes will be hosting the consultation for land at Winsford Park, which lies adjacent the Atlantic Park site where work on a new Premier Inn and McDonalds in underway.
People will be able to come along to Unit 34 in Atlantic Village from midday until 6pm today and tomorrow from 10am until 4pm.
The site is allocated for development in the North Devon and Torridge joint draft local plan.
You may also want to watch:
Mike Kerton, the company’s planning manager, said: “Bloor Homes is committed to meaningful community consultation with the people of Bideford and with the residents of nearby parishes.
“We are responding to the local plan proposals identifying this land for around 750 homes. We are consulting now to enable residents to help shape our initial concepts for the site.
- 1 Northam Murder: 'Merciless' carer gets life for killing client who caught him stealing
- 2 Barnstaple Fair set to return for 2021 - 'May the show go on!'
- 3 Northam Murder: Carer guilty of brutal murder of frail widow
- 4 Man dies after crash involving two lorries and a motorbike near Torrington
- 5 Man dies after 'single vehicle collision' on the A386
- 6 Woman reportedly assaulted at Bideford park - Police seek witnesses
- 7 Evidence of damage found at Iron Age monument near Ilfracombe
- 8 Appledore RNLI's Matt Rowe passes out as lifeboat mechanic
- 9 Six people injured in serious crash on A39 near Barnstaple - Police appeal
- 10 Plan for 173 homes on Torrington Creamery site approved despite no affordable homes
“The planning process is lengthy and housing – particularly affordable housing as well as the other economic benefits associated with both the housing and the local centre – are urgently required.”
Feedback will be collected both at the consultation event and via www.winsfordpark.co.uk.