Pub evacuated after gas bottles ‘tampered with’
Police launch criminal investigation after disaster averted in Croyde.
POLICE say a major disaster was averted after propane gas bottles were tampered with in a seaside village.
A pub was evacuated after what is being described as a “large” amount of gas was released from bottles stored at the rear of several buildings in Croyde.
Firefighters raised the alarm the Thatched Barn Inn, in Hobbs Hill, at around 1.30am today (Monday).
Although no one was injured, police have launched a criminal investigation due to the potential for serious harm to have been caused.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with any information is asked to contact police as soon as possible by telephoning 101 or calling Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111, quoting police reference CN/12/65.
- 1 52-year-old man dies in three car crash between Bideford and Torrington
- 2 Police investigate midnight assault on scooter rider in Barnstaple
- 3 Northam Murder: Grieving family condemn killer's lies and cruelty
- 4 North Devon Healthcare Trust department awarded Academic status
- 5 Coveted Muddy Stiletto award for Bideford's Josie's Interiors
- 6 Barnstaple Fair set to return for 2021 - 'May the show go on!'
- 7 Northam Murder: 'Merciless' carer gets life for killing client who caught him stealing
- 8 Man dies after 'single vehicle collision' on the A386
- 9 Woman reportedly assaulted at Bideford park - Police seek witnesses
- 10 Northam Murder: Carer guilty of brutal murder of frail widow