Psychics and mediums are gentle souls
SIR - I am writing this as a response to a letter in the Yours Sincerely section, by Mr Tony Olsson.
I am a very open-minded person when it comes to religious beliefs and I was shocked, appalled and stunned that an upstanding paper such as yours would print something so openly hostile towards a group of people who seem to keep themselves very much to themselves.
Psychics/mediums are not, in my experience, the type of people who harass others on their doorsteps or force their beliefs onto them.
They are people you have to seek out yourself, if you wish for their guidance. In my opinion (and I know this is the same for other people), I see them as non-judgmental, gentle souls whose prime aim is to help others in their times of need. Isn’t that what God wanted from His Own Church?
And surely these wishes had to be passed down to a human being, who must have been a prophet and have psychic/meduimistic abilities to hear the word of God in the first place?! So how can Mr Olsson preach that these psychics are an abomination against God when the Ten Commandments were given to Moses, who happened to be a Prophet!
You may also want to watch:
- 1 UPDATE: Two people airlifted to hospital after A361 Link Road crash
- 2 Heavy traffic in Barnstaple after crash involving car and pedestrian
- 3 Torrington school switches to remote learning after Covid cases
- 4 North Devon men to swim the English Channel and back again
- 5 Bideford woman wins £70,000 and turns miles into trees
- 6 Rescue dog finally finds forever home after more than 200 days
- 7 Thieves steal £3,500 of fragrances from Barnstaple department store
- 8 Farmer who caused lamb ‘unnecessary suffering’ given two year ban
- 9 Moore makes mark as North Devon beat Budleigh Salterton
- 10 Brother told sister 'you're dead' after birthday party bust-up