Psychics and mediums are gentle souls
SIR - I am writing this as a response to a letter in the Yours Sincerely section, by Mr Tony Olsson.
I am a very open-minded person when it comes to religious beliefs and I was shocked, appalled and stunned that an upstanding paper such as yours would print something so openly hostile towards a group of people who seem to keep themselves very much to themselves.
Psychics/mediums are not, in my experience, the type of people who harass others on their doorsteps or force their beliefs onto them.
They are people you have to seek out yourself, if you wish for their guidance. In my opinion (and I know this is the same for other people), I see them as non-judgmental, gentle souls whose prime aim is to help others in their times of need. Isn’t that what God wanted from His Own Church?
And surely these wishes had to be passed down to a human being, who must have been a prophet and have psychic/meduimistic abilities to hear the word of God in the first place?! So how can Mr Olsson preach that these psychics are an abomination against God when the Ten Commandments were given to Moses, who happened to be a Prophet!
You may also want to watch:
- 1 North Devon's largest private employer needs workers to expand
- 2 Street food traders revealed for South Molton Food and Drink Festival
- 3 820 homes approved for Landkey despite council concern
- 4 'Controversial' plan to close mental health centres in North Devon
- 5 North Devon optometrist highlights 'ticking timebomb' vision crisis
- 6 Celebrating 15 years of North Devon charity Families in Grief
- 7 New Archdeacon of Barnstaple begins her role at special service in Bideford
- 8 World’s Biggest Macmillan Coffee Morning backed by North Devon MP
- 9 Devon Police commissioner commits to tackling gender violence
- 10 Man seriously injured at Appledore Quay - Witness Appeal