Protest march planned to oppose Tesco proposals
- Credit: Archant
Residents and business owners are invited to attend a public meeting with a Tesco representative next Monday.
A PROTEST march will be held in Westward Ho! tonight (Monday) ahead of a public meeting about plans for a new Tesco Express store in the village.
The march is due to meet at the Mau Mau mural which appeared in the village car park last week at 6pm.
Protesters will march around the village before the meeting at 7pm in Kingsley Hall.
Tesco representative Simon Petar is expected to attend the meeting, as well as local MP Geoffrey Cox.
You may also want to watch:
Residents and business owners from the village are invited to attend to put their opinions forward on the proposal for the site in Golf Links Road.
- 1 Northam Murder: 'Merciless' carer gets life for killing client who caught him stealing
- 2 Barnstaple Fair set to return for 2021 - 'May the show go on!'
- 3 Northam Murder: Carer guilty of brutal murder of frail widow
- 4 Man dies after crash involving two lorries and a motorbike near Torrington
- 5 Man dies after 'single vehicle collision' on the A386
- 6 Woman reportedly assaulted at Bideford park - Police seek witnesses
- 7 Evidence of damage found at Iron Age monument near Ilfracombe
- 8 Appledore RNLI's Matt Rowe passes out as lifeboat mechanic
- 9 Six people injured in serious crash on A39 near Barnstaple - Police appeal
- 10 Plan for 173 homes on Torrington Creamery site approved despite no affordable homes