Project to conserve Fremington and Bickington
PEOPLE are being asked for their views on what makes the villages of Fremington and Bickington so special. North Devon Council is reviewing areas across the district which need conserving and protecting in the future. The area being looked at also inclu
PEOPLE are being asked for their views on what makes the villages of Fremington and Bickington so special.
North Devon Council is reviewing areas across the district which need conserving and protecting in the future.
The area being looked at also includes part of the Tarka Trail and North Devon's only industrial conservation area at Fremington Quay.
Public consultation on the conservation of the two villages and their surroundings begins on Thursday.
You may also want to watch:
It includes two events where people are being encouraged to go along and talk about the particular character and history of the area.
These are taking place on::
- 1 Aldi plans for three new stores in North Devon
- 2 'Kinky Boots' coming to Barnstaple's Queen's Theatre
- 3 MISSING: Police search for Peter Hughes from Combe Martin area
- 4 Developer sponsors Shammy FC youth teams
- 5 Barnstaple Enterprise Hub 'Node' launches to support local businesses
- 6 Cook book to help in Afghanistan produced in South Molton
- 7 Holsworthy solicitor praised by guide to UK’s top lawyers
- 8 Firework display set to return to Barnstaple Rugby Club for 2021
- 9 'Neglected' North Devon taxi firm challenged by councillors
- 10 £2.1m upgrade will provide space for 38 new North Devon jobs
* July 26, Fremington Village Hall, 4.30pm to 6.30pm;
* August 5, Tomlin Hall, Bickington, 2.30pm to 5.30pm.
Cllr Colin Wright, Lead Member for Planning and Development, said:: "We have put together what we believe are the key characteristics of these areas. However, we would like to hear the views of local people to help us fully understand what needs protecting for future generations. Their input will then help us with planning policy guidelines to ensure the character of these places is never lost."
Views can also be logged online at http://northdevon-consult.limehouse.co.uk/portal.
All comments on the review of the conservation areas in Bickington and Fremington need to be received by the council by Thursday, August 26.