Project to conserve Fremington and Bickington
PEOPLE are being asked for their views on what makes the villages of Fremington and Bickington so special. North Devon Council is reviewing areas across the district which need conserving and protecting in the future. The area being looked at also inclu
PEOPLE are being asked for their views on what makes the villages of Fremington and Bickington so special.
North Devon Council is reviewing areas across the district which need conserving and protecting in the future.
The area being looked at also includes part of the Tarka Trail and North Devon's only industrial conservation area at Fremington Quay.
Public consultation on the conservation of the two villages and their surroundings begins on Thursday.
You may also want to watch:
It includes two events where people are being encouraged to go along and talk about the particular character and history of the area.
These are taking place on::
- 1 Fugitive jailed after car chase between Bideford and Barnstaple
- 2 Hotel restriction in Westward Ho! will not be lifted
- 3 Finance manager jailed for stealing almost £1m from Witheridge company
- 4 Bid to make Ilfracombe pier car park long stay rejected
- 5 Jail for toothache attacker in North Molton
- 6 Man hospitalised after alleyway assault in South Molton
- 7 Police seek driver after horse riders injured in Westward Ho! incident
- 8 North Devon fossil hunter's collection goes to auction
- 9 New Pebbleridge Kitchen arrives on Northam Burrows
- 10 Man wielding knife arrested in Barnstaple park
* July 26, Fremington Village Hall, 4.30pm to 6.30pm;
* August 5, Tomlin Hall, Bickington, 2.30pm to 5.30pm.
Cllr Colin Wright, Lead Member for Planning and Development, said:: "We have put together what we believe are the key characteristics of these areas. However, we would like to hear the views of local people to help us fully understand what needs protecting for future generations. Their input will then help us with planning policy guidelines to ensure the character of these places is never lost."
Views can also be logged online at http://northdevon-consult.limehouse.co.uk/portal.
All comments on the review of the conservation areas in Bickington and Fremington need to be received by the council by Thursday, August 26.