Project to conserve Fremington and Bickington
PEOPLE are being asked for their views on what makes the villages of Fremington and Bickington so special. North Devon Council is reviewing areas across the district which need conserving and protecting in the future. The area being looked at also inclu
PEOPLE are being asked for their views on what makes the villages of Fremington and Bickington so special.
North Devon Council is reviewing areas across the district which need conserving and protecting in the future.
The area being looked at also includes part of the Tarka Trail and North Devon's only industrial conservation area at Fremington Quay.
Public consultation on the conservation of the two villages and their surroundings begins on Thursday.
You may also want to watch:
It includes two events where people are being encouraged to go along and talk about the particular character and history of the area.
These are taking place on::
- 1 52-year-old man dies in three car crash between Bideford and Torrington
- 2 North Devon Healthcare Trust department awarded Academic status
- 3 Police investigate midnight assault on scooter rider in Barnstaple
- 4 Northam Murder: Grieving family condemn killer's lies and cruelty
- 5 Barnstaple Fair set to return for 2021 - 'May the show go on!'
- 6 Northam Murder: 'Merciless' carer gets life for killing client who caught him stealing
- 7 Man dies after 'single vehicle collision' on the A386
- 8 Northam Murder: Carer guilty of brutal murder of frail widow
- 9 MP opens new Northam Burrows Visitor Centre at Westward Ho!
- 10 Man dies after crash involving two lorries and a motorbike near Torrington
* July 26, Fremington Village Hall, 4.30pm to 6.30pm;
* August 5, Tomlin Hall, Bickington, 2.30pm to 5.30pm.
Cllr Colin Wright, Lead Member for Planning and Development, said:: "We have put together what we believe are the key characteristics of these areas. However, we would like to hear the views of local people to help us fully understand what needs protecting for future generations. Their input will then help us with planning policy guidelines to ensure the character of these places is never lost."
Views can also be logged online at http://northdevon-consult.limehouse.co.uk/portal.
All comments on the review of the conservation areas in Bickington and Fremington need to be received by the council by Thursday, August 26.