Profits for local business
A local company specialising in cosmetics and toiletries has reported increasing profits this year.
STRONG overseas trade has contributed to a rise in profits at Bideford-based Swallowfield plc.
The company, which formulates and produces cosmetics, toiletries and household goods, has also reduced its debts by �0.8 million from �4.7 million to �3.9 million.
It posted a 3.1 per cent rise in profits for the first half year and 7.8 per cent growth in sales from overseas business.
Ian Mackinnon, chief executive of Swallowfield, said: “As anticipated, the UK market has remained tough for the last six months with signs that other markets, including the fast developing countries, have also weakened.
You may also want to watch:
“It is therefore very encouraging that our strategy to develop the business outside of the UK is having some success with direct overseas revenues increasing by 7.8 per cent.
“Our process of generating innovative ideas has become more fully embedded across the organisation as we seek to drive greater sales opportunities from each of our major product innovations.”
- 1 Northam Murder: Accused carer told police he 'loved her to bits'
- 2 PICTURES: Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall visit The Burton at Bideford
- 3 Jewellery and cash stolen in Barnstaple burglary
- 4 PICTURES: Duchess of Cornwall visits Little Bridge House in Fremington
- 5 Bideford man dies after Link Road crash near South Molton
- 6 Rosemoor transforms into Wonderland for the summer holidays
- 7 'Spot The Oddity' in Bideford for your chance to win £100
- 8 Britain’s most influential artists exhibit at The Burton at Bideford
- 9 Braunton Caen Rotary welcomes their youngest ever club president
- 10 £100K funding to Torridge towns to support recovery post Covid-19