Problems for Barnstaple Orange mobile phone users
ORANGE mobile phone users in Barnstaple are experiencing difficulties making and receiving calls due to an apparent signal failure in the town. A number of users have contacted the Gazette this morning (Wednesday) to report the problem. One businessman unable to us
ORANGE mobile phone users in Barnstaple are experiencing difficulties making and receiving calls due to an apparent signal failure in the town.
A number of users have contacted the Gazette this morning (Wednesday) to report the problem. One businessman unable to use his BlackBerry phone was told by the company that there were problems with two masts in the area, one at Westacott, near Goodleigh and another at Ashford, near Barnstaple.
Deputy Mayor of Barnstaple, Ian Roome, who uses Orange for both personal and business calls, said he’d been told a mast had been switched off in the Newport area of Barnstaple.
“It’s affecting the whole town,” he said. “Can you imagine the thousands of pounds it’s going to cost businesses who rely on their mobile phones to make and receive calls and emails.”
You may also want to watch:
A member of staff at the Orange shop in Barnstaple said they understood there was a “mast issue” but were not aware of any switch-offs and that the problem was being looked in to.
An Orange head office spokesperson confirmed that the problem was due to maintenance work.
- 1 PICTURES: Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall visit The Burton at Bideford
- 2 Jewellery and cash stolen in Barnstaple burglary
- 3 Northam Murder: Accused carer told police he 'loved her to bits'
- 4 Rosemoor transforms into Wonderland for the summer holidays
- 5 Britain’s most influential artists exhibit at The Burton at Bideford
- 6 Bideford man dies after Link Road crash near South Molton
- 7 PICTURES: Duchess of Cornwall visits Little Bridge House in Fremington
- 8 £100K funding to Torridge towns to support recovery post Covid-19
- 9 Braunton Caen Rotary welcomes their youngest ever club president
- 10 Northam widow was found half under her bed by carer
“We can confirm that some Orange customers are currently experiencing intermittent mobile network coverage in Barnstaple, North Devon. This is due to urgent maintenance work being carried out on a mast. The work is expected to be completed by the end of day on Thursday.
“Our technical team is working to improve network coverage to reduce any disruption for customers during this period.
“Orange is committed to delivering the best customer service and we would like to apologise for any inconvenience this may cause our customers.”