Problems for Barnstaple Orange mobile phone users
ORANGE mobile phone users in Barnstaple are experiencing difficulties making and receiving calls due to an apparent signal failure in the town. A number of users have contacted the Gazette this morning (Wednesday) to report the problem. One businessman unable to us
ORANGE mobile phone users in Barnstaple are experiencing difficulties making and receiving calls due to an apparent signal failure in the town.
A number of users have contacted the Gazette this morning (Wednesday) to report the problem. One businessman unable to use his BlackBerry phone was told by the company that there were problems with two masts in the area, one at Westacott, near Goodleigh and another at Ashford, near Barnstaple.
Deputy Mayor of Barnstaple, Ian Roome, who uses Orange for both personal and business calls, said he’d been told a mast had been switched off in the Newport area of Barnstaple.
“It’s affecting the whole town,” he said. “Can you imagine the thousands of pounds it’s going to cost businesses who rely on their mobile phones to make and receive calls and emails.”
You may also want to watch:
A member of staff at the Orange shop in Barnstaple said they understood there was a “mast issue” but were not aware of any switch-offs and that the problem was being looked in to.
An Orange head office spokesperson confirmed that the problem was due to maintenance work.
- 1 Volunteers come together to spruce up Barnstaple Train Station
- 2 New council led leisure company Active Torridge appoints director
- 3 New home grown manager for South Molton Swimming Pool
- 4 Appeal launched to raise £100,000 for new play equipment in Bideford
- 5 7 top tips to help you find the perfect wedding venue
- 6 More than 530 nights in a tent - Max Woosey wins Young Hero Award
- 7 Murder investigation launched in Bideford after woman found dead
- 8 Selaine Saxby's Henry to compete for Westminster Dog of the Year
- 9 Equestrian star celebrates with sporting royalty
- 10 Christine Stephenson found safe and well
“We can confirm that some Orange customers are currently experiencing intermittent mobile network coverage in Barnstaple, North Devon. This is due to urgent maintenance work being carried out on a mast. The work is expected to be completed by the end of day on Thursday.
“Our technical team is working to improve network coverage to reduce any disruption for customers during this period.
“Orange is committed to delivering the best customer service and we would like to apologise for any inconvenience this may cause our customers.”