Princes Trust returns to Bideford
Young people aged 16-25 invited to broaden their horizons and apply for new team, starting this January.
A new Princes Trust team will be starting in Bideford this January to offer young people in the town a direction plus the opportunity to make friends and learn new skills.
The 12 week personal development programme is open to young people aged 16-25 and has been set up by The Prince’s Trust and Torridge Training Services to help those currently not in education, training or employment to explore other opportunities which could help lead to a career.
The course starts January 16 and on completion, participants will gain a level 1 qualification the Prince’s Trust Certificate in Employment, Teamwork and Community Skills and a First Aid certificate.
During the three month course there will be a number of exciting activities and events to enjoy, including a week long residential stay away from home, outward bound challenges plus the opportunity to choose and work on a community project.
You may also want to watch:
“Some young people are very lucky and clear about what they want to achieve in their life but this isn’t the case for everyone, some find themselves stuck at a crossroad, not knowing which direction to go,” said Sue Hayman at TTS.
“It is important for young people to try and keep focused during periods of inactivity and uncertainties so this course is a very attractive option, could enhance their skills and make young people more employable.”
- 1 North Devon's largest private employer needs workers to expand
- 2 North Devon optometrist highlights 'ticking timebomb' vision crisis
- 3 'Controversial' plan to close mental health centres in North Devon
- 4 820 homes approved for Landkey despite council concern
- 5 New Archdeacon of Barnstaple begins her role at special service in Bideford
- 6 Holidaymaker jailed for attacking partner in Ilfracombe
- 7 Man seriously injured at Appledore Quay - Witness Appeal
- 8 Northam man who searched for child pornography sent on treatment course
- 9 Sale of Bideford's Brunswick Wharf completed
- 10 Tributes paid to North Devon librarian Ian Tansley
The course has a limited number of places and it is important those interested or anyone needing more information email team leader Fraser Marchbank on email@example.com.