Prince William seen in Barnstaple pub
PUB-GOERS in Barnstaple were surprised last night (Tuesday) when they were joined by Prince William and some of his friends. The heir to the throne enjoyed a meal and a drink at Claytons in Cross Street. One of the locals said: He looked cool and was e
PUB-GOERS in Barnstaple were surprised last night (Tuesday) when they were joined by Prince William and some of his friends.
The heir to the throne enjoyed a meal and a drink at Claytons in Cross Street.
One of the locals said: "He looked cool and was enjoying himself.
"I guess he is just like any other chap just wanting an enjoyable night out with his mates. He just wanted to enjoy his evening. Good on him"
You may also want to watch:
Earlier this year, it was confirmed that the Prince would take up a three-year posting as a search and rescue helicopter pilot with RAF Valley in Anglesey.
A spokesman in Prince William's press office confirmed that the Prince arrived at RAF Chivenor yesterday as part of his training and left the North Devon base today.
- 1 Braunton farmer admits ploughing up 'semi natural' land
- 2 Date set for reopening of Bideford Pannier Market
- 3 iLab marks 10th birthday with pledge to raise £10,000 for North Devon Hospice
- 4 Mystery over Barnstaple builder's death
- 5 Veterans Charity to host Charity Car Wash at Barnstaple HQ
- 6 Date set for Barnstaple Pannier Market reopening
- 7 Motorcyclist denied dangerous driving after quad bike crash
- 8 Rapid coronavirus tests now available across Devon
- 9 Westward Ho! housing plan for 138 new homes approved
- 10 Hospice volunteer reaches out to 325 bereaved people during lockdown
"It is quite plausible that he was seen out in Barnstaple last night," he said.