Prince William seen in Barnstaple pub
PUB-GOERS in Barnstaple were surprised last night (Tuesday) when they were joined by Prince William and some of his friends. The heir to the throne enjoyed a meal and a drink at Claytons in Cross Street. One of the locals said: He looked cool and was e
PUB-GOERS in Barnstaple were surprised last night (Tuesday) when they were joined by Prince William and some of his friends.
The heir to the throne enjoyed a meal and a drink at Claytons in Cross Street.
One of the locals said: "He looked cool and was enjoying himself.
"I guess he is just like any other chap just wanting an enjoyable night out with his mates. He just wanted to enjoy his evening. Good on him"
You may also want to watch:
Earlier this year, it was confirmed that the Prince would take up a three-year posting as a search and rescue helicopter pilot with RAF Valley in Anglesey.
A spokesman in Prince William's press office confirmed that the Prince arrived at RAF Chivenor yesterday as part of his training and left the North Devon base today.
- 1 Tributes paid to 'legendary' North Devon vet Brian Crawford
- 2 Busy first day for new Covid-19 vaccination centre at Westward Ho!
- 3 Pictures: North Devon's winter wonderland
- 4 Chivenor marines among UK troops hit by Norway Covid outbreak
- 5 Judge jails 'worst' drink driver he has ever seen
- 6 Work begins on Northam Burrows Visitor Centre refurbishment
- 7 Two arrested as teenager fights for life after Ilfracombe stabbing
- 8 Covid vaccine: Roll out continues but is North Devon being left out?
- 9 Football league teams up with Northern Devon Foodbank
- 10 Masked burglars make Bideford garage cigarette smash and grab
"It is quite plausible that he was seen out in Barnstaple last night," he said.