Prince Edward is a hit with Ilfracombe families
Royal visitor spends more time in town than scheduled today (Tuesday) as he meets local people
EXCITED young children and their families were among the many people who got to meet and chat with Prince Edward earlier today (Tuesday) as he made a wide ranging tour of the town.
His Royal Highness The Earl of Wessex called in at a number of places on his second visit to the town, returning three years later to hear how regeneration and community projects have been getting on.
Families and staff at the Action for Children’s My Start Children’s Centre in Marlborough Road were thrilled when the Prince took the time to speak with many of them, eventually staying on quite a bit longer than scheduled.
The Royal visitor arrived by helicopter at 10.30am and visited The Ilfracombe Centre, Transform offices, library, Fore Street – including the George Dragon pub – plus the harbour and The Benricks skate park.
You may also want to watch:
He also saw the new Oxford Park play area and after the My Start centre went on to visit the Vision Centre at Slade Valley.
- 1 £2.1m upgrade will provide space for 38 new North Devon jobs
- 2 Torrington woman rebuilds her life after devastating stroke
- 3 Real ice rink coming to Barnstaple Christmas Village
- 4 Bideford's First Food and Drink Festival coming soon
- 5 Vandalism at Bideford's Brunswick Wharf development condemned
- 6 Cyclist left with ‘serious head injuries’ after incident in Bideford
- 7 Drink spiking crackdown after needle attack - Devon Police
- 8 Fangtastic half-term Halloween fun at Yeo Valley Woodland
- 9 Bid for £34 million to improve Devon's bus services submitted
- 10 New app 'Dscvr' promoting North Devon town centres set to launch