Prince Edward is a hit with Ilfracombe families
Royal visitor spends more time in town than scheduled today (Tuesday) as he meets local people
EXCITED young children and their families were among the many people who got to meet and chat with Prince Edward earlier today (Tuesday) as he made a wide ranging tour of the town.
His Royal Highness The Earl of Wessex called in at a number of places on his second visit to the town, returning three years later to hear how regeneration and community projects have been getting on.
Families and staff at the Action for Children’s My Start Children’s Centre in Marlborough Road were thrilled when the Prince took the time to speak with many of them, eventually staying on quite a bit longer than scheduled.
The Royal visitor arrived by helicopter at 10.30am and visited The Ilfracombe Centre, Transform offices, library, Fore Street – including the George Dragon pub – plus the harbour and The Benricks skate park.
You may also want to watch:
He also saw the new Oxford Park play area and after the My Start centre went on to visit the Vision Centre at Slade Valley.
- 1 Northam Murder: 'Merciless' carer gets life for killing client who caught him stealing
- 2 Barnstaple Fair set to return for 2021 - 'May the show go on!'
- 3 Council bids for Levelling Up funding for Ilfracombe
- 4 Man dies after crash involving two lorries and a motorbike near Torrington
- 5 Man dies after 'single vehicle collision' on the A386
- 6 Northam Murder: Carer guilty of brutal murder of frail widow
- 7 MP opens new Northam Burrows Visitor Centre at Westward Ho!
- 8 Woman reportedly assaulted at Bideford park - Police seek witnesses
- 9 Huntsmen fined for digging badger sett near Chulmleigh
- 10 Exhibition celebrates North Devon in 100 objects