Prince Edward is a hit with Ilfracombe families
Royal visitor spends more time in town than scheduled today (Tuesday) as he meets local people
EXCITED young children and their families were among the many people who got to meet and chat with Prince Edward earlier today (Tuesday) as he made a wide ranging tour of the town.
His Royal Highness The Earl of Wessex called in at a number of places on his second visit to the town, returning three years later to hear how regeneration and community projects have been getting on.
Families and staff at the Action for Children’s My Start Children’s Centre in Marlborough Road were thrilled when the Prince took the time to speak with many of them, eventually staying on quite a bit longer than scheduled.
The Royal visitor arrived by helicopter at 10.30am and visited The Ilfracombe Centre, Transform offices, library, Fore Street – including the George Dragon pub – plus the harbour and The Benricks skate park.
You may also want to watch:
He also saw the new Oxford Park play area and after the My Start centre went on to visit the Vision Centre at Slade Valley.
- 1 Small-time drug dealer 'caught red-handed'
- 2 'ThINK it through before you tattoo' urges council
- 3 Prime minister to give green light for May 17 Covid-19 lockdown easing
- 4 County Council Elections: Candidates for Torridge
- 5 Police appeal after Barnstaple brawl
- 6 County Council Elections: Candidates for North Devon
- 7 Conservatives maintain control of Devon County Council despite losses
- 8 Ilfracombe man, 64, must pay compensation for baseball bat attack
- 9 12 countries announced on travel green list from May 17
- 10 Bideford paramedic compensated after winning victimisation claim