Primary school undergoes £750,000 extension
- Credit: Getty Images/Hemera
Southmead Primary School extension will see school take on 60 extra pupils a year.
A PRIMARY school in Braunton will be able to take on an extra 60 pupils a year thanks to a £750,000 extension.
Southmead Primary School, which currently has 270 pupils enrolled, will become a 420-place school when the extension is finished in September.
The work is being carried out by Morgan Sindall and includes two ‘modular’ classrooms to house reception pupils.
Gill Gillett, head teacher at Southmead Primary School, said: “All the staff and pupils are really excited and are looking forward to the arrival of the new classrooms.
You may also want to watch:
“We have seen a boom in the number of children needing school places due to the population growth in the area with a lot of new houses being built.
“We look forward to welcoming the first new pupils to the classrooms in the autumn term.”
- 1 PICTURES: New Bideford book merges old pictures with new
- 2 Man with 'fearsome' ornamental knife arrested in Barnstaple
- 3 Ilfracombe dressage star Caitlin Burgess pursues Olympic dream
- 4 Assault and attempted robbery near Tarka Trail
- 5 Man arrested after 'serious assault' outside Barnstaple nightclub
- 6 North Devon grandad takes on 700 mile cycling challenge
- 7 Drink driver banned after Ilfracombe Lidl crash
- 8 Surf trio take on epic surf paddle challenge in memory of best friends
- 9 Holsworthy conveyancer crowned Young Practitioner of the Year
- 10 HubHop - New shopping app for independent shops in North Devon