Primary school undergoes £750,000 extension
- Credit: Getty Images/Hemera
Southmead Primary School extension will see school take on 60 extra pupils a year.
A PRIMARY school in Braunton will be able to take on an extra 60 pupils a year thanks to a £750,000 extension.
Southmead Primary School, which currently has 270 pupils enrolled, will become a 420-place school when the extension is finished in September.
The work is being carried out by Morgan Sindall and includes two ‘modular’ classrooms to house reception pupils.
Gill Gillett, head teacher at Southmead Primary School, said: “All the staff and pupils are really excited and are looking forward to the arrival of the new classrooms.
You may also want to watch:
“We have seen a boom in the number of children needing school places due to the population growth in the area with a lot of new houses being built.
“We look forward to welcoming the first new pupils to the classrooms in the autumn term.”
- 1 Cyclist left with ‘serious head injuries’ after incident in Bideford
- 2 Volunteers come together to spruce up Barnstaple Train Station
- 3 Real ice rink coming to Barnstaple Christmas Village
- 4 New home grown manager for South Molton Swimming Pool
- 5 New council led leisure company Active Torridge appoints director
- 6 Murder investigation launched in Bideford after woman found dead
- 7 Appeal launched to raise £100,000 for new play equipment in Bideford
- 8 Homeless man jailed after attacking Barnstaple soldier in McDonald's
- 9 7 top tips to help you find the perfect wedding venue
- 10 More than 530 nights in a tent - Max Woosey wins Young Hero Award