Primary school set for expansion
- Credit: Getty Images/Hemera
Abbotsham primary school will see construction of two new classrooms and a play are begin this month.
A PRIMARY school in Abbotsham is set to expand with construction on two new classrooms and a play area beginning this month.
St Helen’s Church of England Primary School has been granted planning permission for the expansion which will see them expand from taking 160 pupils to 210.
“It means we can become a one-form entry school, and the class sizes can be reduced slightly,” said Zoe Batten, head teacher.
“It’s a really great opportunity for us and we’re hoping to use the play area to develop our outside skills.
You may also want to watch:
“We’ll have a fantastic outdoor adventure site for the children and we’ll be introducing forestry skills into the curriculum.”
Work will begin on May 13 and be completed by October half term, with the school still running as usual.
- 1 Man arrested after 'serious assault' outside Barnstaple nightclub
- 2 Assault and attempted robbery near Tarka Trail
- 3 Drink driver banned after Ilfracombe Lidl crash
- 4 Braunton assault leaves teen with 'serious head injuries' - witness appeal
- 5 Contractor appointed to repair Rock Park Bridge
- 6 Holsworthy conveyancer crowned Young Practitioner of the Year
- 7 Yelland Quay development refused - Campaigners celebrate
- 8 Man, 22, arrested after cyclist dies in Bideford crash
- 9 Brian Greenslade's name scraped off plaque after sex assault trial
- 10 North Devon benefit fiddler must cash in pension to repay the money