Primary school set for expansion
- Credit: Getty Images/Hemera
Abbotsham primary school will see construction of two new classrooms and a play are begin this month.
A PRIMARY school in Abbotsham is set to expand with construction on two new classrooms and a play area beginning this month.
St Helen’s Church of England Primary School has been granted planning permission for the expansion which will see them expand from taking 160 pupils to 210.
“It means we can become a one-form entry school, and the class sizes can be reduced slightly,” said Zoe Batten, head teacher.
“It’s a really great opportunity for us and we’re hoping to use the play area to develop our outside skills.
You may also want to watch:
“We’ll have a fantastic outdoor adventure site for the children and we’ll be introducing forestry skills into the curriculum.”
Work will begin on May 13 and be completed by October half term, with the school still running as usual.
- 1 'Controversial' plan to close mental health centres in North Devon
- 2 Holidaymaker jailed for attacking partner in Ilfracombe
- 3 820 homes approved for Landkey despite council concern
- 4 Northam man who searched for child pornography sent on treatment course
- 5 Torridge launches Waste and Recycling Roadshows
- 6 Man seriously injured at Appledore Quay - Witness Appeal
- 7 PICTURES: Women 'Walk Taller Than The Trees' at Nightwalk 2021
- 8 Arts Council England announces support for North Devon
- 9 PICTURES: Bideford 10k is back for 2021
- 10 'Monster' jailed after abuse victim tells judge of his torment