Primary school plan for West Yelland
Homes and GP surgery also included in new proposals for farm site.
PROPOSALS for a new primary school, doctors’ surgery and up to 600 new homes at Yelland will be revealed to the public next month.
A sports field, wildlife area, employment land and enhanced links to the Tarka Trail are also being outlined in the latest draft plan for land at West Yelland Farm.
Developers acting on behalf of landowners say the land is available for immediate development. Subject to planning permission, work would be phased over the next 15 years.
Welbeck Strategic Land LLP and its consultancy team will be holding a public consultation in early-mid September.
You may also want to watch:
Spokesperson Dan Bramwell said: “I believe that this site will bring forward many of the benefits identified as being required in Fremington and West Yelland. “A North Devon Council workshop held last November considered this site and the benefits it could deliver for the local community.
“This consultation is an exciting opportunity for the public to give us their valued feedback on the site’s draft layout and the community facilities proposed.”
- 1 MISSING: Police search for Peter Hughes from Combe Martin area
- 2 Aldi plans for three new stores in North Devon
- 3 'Kinky Boots' coming to Barnstaple's Queen's Theatre
- 4 North Devon charity organises Routes of Remembrance
- 5 Developer sponsors Shammy FC youth teams
- 6 'Neglected' North Devon taxi firm challenged by councillors
- 7 North Devon Healthcare trust scores high in patient survey
- 8 Firework display set to return to Barnstaple Rugby Club for 2021
- 9 Devon health boss 'concerned' at low Covid booster uptake
- 10 £2.1m upgrade will provide space for 38 new North Devon jobs