Primary school plan for West Yelland
Homes and GP surgery also included in new proposals for farm site.
PROPOSALS for a new primary school, doctors’ surgery and up to 600 new homes at Yelland will be revealed to the public next month.
A sports field, wildlife area, employment land and enhanced links to the Tarka Trail are also being outlined in the latest draft plan for land at West Yelland Farm.
Developers acting on behalf of landowners say the land is available for immediate development. Subject to planning permission, work would be phased over the next 15 years.
Welbeck Strategic Land LLP and its consultancy team will be holding a public consultation in early-mid September.
You may also want to watch:
Spokesperson Dan Bramwell said: “I believe that this site will bring forward many of the benefits identified as being required in Fremington and West Yelland. “A North Devon Council workshop held last November considered this site and the benefits it could deliver for the local community.
“This consultation is an exciting opportunity for the public to give us their valued feedback on the site’s draft layout and the community facilities proposed.”
- 1 Braunton assault leaves teen with 'serious head injuries' - witness appeal
- 2 Scream mask knifeman caused terror at Barnstaple play park
- 3 Contractor appointed to repair Rock Park Bridge
- 4 HubHop - New shopping app for independent shops in North Devon
- 5 Yelland Quay development refused - Campaigners celebrate
- 6 Nightwalk returns for 2021 with brand-new venue
- 7 Rotarians have great time helping Lampard School pupils
- 8 North Devon benefit fiddler must cash in pension to repay the money
- 9 Man, 22, arrested after cyclist dies in Bideford crash
- 10 Plans to demolish and redevelop Barnstaple Civic Centre finally submitted