Prestigious title for Ilfracombe photographer
THE image of a yacht ploughing through green seas under a brooding sky has earned a prestigious award for Ilfracombe photographer Jane Perrin. She has been named Photographer of the Year 2010 for the western region by the British Institute of Professional
THE image of a yacht ploughing through green seas under a brooding sky has earned a prestigious award for Ilfracombe photographer Jane Perrin.
She has been named Photographer of the Year 2010 for the western region by the British Institute of Professional Photography for her shot of the yacht Polly Agatha off Dartmouth in the Classic Channel Regatta.
Taking pictures on the water is Jane's speciality and the photograph also gained her the Photojournalist of the Year title at the BIPP's regional awards ceremony in Exeter.
There were more than 300 entries in the competition this year from top professional photographers across seven counties.
You may also want to watch:
She has worked as a photographer for almost 25 years and runs a successful portrait studio in Ilfracombe High Street, as well as CJ Nautical Imaging with husband Carl.
"I am looking forward to a fantastic year, we have huge plans for the next 12 months. I have recently enjoyed working on a number of portfolios for musicians, actors and models."
- 1 Fugitive jailed after car chase between Bideford and Barnstaple
- 2 Hotel restriction in Westward Ho! will not be lifted
- 3 Finance manager jailed for stealing almost £1m from Witheridge company
- 4 Jail for toothache attacker in North Molton
- 5 Bid to make Ilfracombe pier car park long stay rejected
- 6 Man hospitalised after alleyway assault in South Molton
- 7 Police seek driver after horse riders injured in Westward Ho! incident
- 8 North Devon fossil hunter's collection goes to auction
- 9 New Pebbleridge Kitchen arrives on Northam Burrows
- 10 Braunton farmer admits ploughing up 'semi natural' land
"Last year I had awards of excell
Jane is again seeking willing models to photograph. Anyone interested should drop into her studio or call (01271) 855565.