Prestigious title for Ilfracombe photographer
THE image of a yacht ploughing through green seas under a brooding sky has earned a prestigious award for Ilfracombe photographer Jane Perrin. She has been named Photographer of the Year 2010 for the western region by the British Institute of Professional
THE image of a yacht ploughing through green seas under a brooding sky has earned a prestigious award for Ilfracombe photographer Jane Perrin.
She has been named Photographer of the Year 2010 for the western region by the British Institute of Professional Photography for her shot of the yacht Polly Agatha off Dartmouth in the Classic Channel Regatta.
Taking pictures on the water is Jane's speciality and the photograph also gained her the Photojournalist of the Year title at the BIPP's regional awards ceremony in Exeter.
There were more than 300 entries in the competition this year from top professional photographers across seven counties.
You may also want to watch:
She has worked as a photographer for almost 25 years and runs a successful portrait studio in Ilfracombe High Street, as well as CJ Nautical Imaging with husband Carl.
"I am looking forward to a fantastic year, we have huge plans for the next 12 months. I have recently enjoyed working on a number of portfolios for musicians, actors and models."
- 1 Volunteers come together to spruce up Barnstaple Train Station
- 2 New council led leisure company Active Torridge appoints director
- 3 New home grown manager for South Molton Swimming Pool
- 4 Appeal launched to raise £100,000 for new play equipment in Bideford
- 5 7 top tips to help you find the perfect wedding venue
- 6 More than 530 nights in a tent - Max Woosey wins Young Hero Award
- 7 Murder investigation launched in Bideford after woman found dead
- 8 Selaine Saxby's Henry to compete for Westminster Dog of the Year
- 9 Equestrian star celebrates with sporting royalty
- 10 Christine Stephenson found safe and well
"Last year I had awards of excell
Jane is again seeking willing models to photograph. Anyone interested should drop into her studio or call (01271) 855565.