Prestigious title for Ilfracombe photographer
THE image of a yacht ploughing through green seas under a brooding sky has earned a prestigious award for Ilfracombe photographer Jane Perrin. She has been named Photographer of the Year 2010 for the western region by the British Institute of Professional
THE image of a yacht ploughing through green seas under a brooding sky has earned a prestigious award for Ilfracombe photographer Jane Perrin.
She has been named Photographer of the Year 2010 for the western region by the British Institute of Professional Photography for her shot of the yacht Polly Agatha off Dartmouth in the Classic Channel Regatta.
Taking pictures on the water is Jane's speciality and the photograph also gained her the Photojournalist of the Year title at the BIPP's regional awards ceremony in Exeter.
There were more than 300 entries in the competition this year from top professional photographers across seven counties.
You may also want to watch:
She has worked as a photographer for almost 25 years and runs a successful portrait studio in Ilfracombe High Street, as well as CJ Nautical Imaging with husband Carl.
"I am looking forward to a fantastic year, we have huge plans for the next 12 months. I have recently enjoyed working on a number of portfolios for musicians, actors and models."
- 1 PICTURES: Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall visit The Burton at Bideford
- 2 Jewellery and cash stolen in Barnstaple burglary
- 3 Northam Murder: Accused carer told police he 'loved her to bits'
- 4 Rosemoor transforms into Wonderland for the summer holidays
- 5 Bideford man dies after Link Road crash near South Molton
- 6 Britain’s most influential artists exhibit at The Burton at Bideford
- 7 PICTURES: Duchess of Cornwall visits Little Bridge House in Fremington
- 8 £100K funding to Torridge towns to support recovery post Covid-19
- 9 Braunton Caen Rotary welcomes their youngest ever club president
- 10 Northam widow was found half under her bed by carer
"Last year I had awards of excell
Jane is again seeking willing models to photograph. Anyone interested should drop into her studio or call (01271) 855565.