Prestigious award for Loxhore photographer
A NORTH Devon photographer has won a highly coveted silver award in a prestigious international competition. Guy Harrop, from Loxhore, picked up the honour at the British Institute of Professional Photography s National Photographic Awards, held in Cosfor
A NORTH Devon photographer has won a highly coveted silver award in a prestigious international competition.
Guy Harrop, from Loxhore, picked up the honour at the British Institute of Professional Photography's National Photographic Awards, held in Cosford, Shropshire last month.
His photograph of a traditional cheese maker, taken on assignment in the Swiss Alps, beat more than 1,500 professional entries from as far afield as Singapore, Japan, Ireland and the Netherlands.
The striking image won Guy, a licentiate of the British Institute of Professional Photography, an award in the press and PR category. The photograph will form part of the Focus on Imaging exhibition at Birmingham's NEC next March.
You may also want to watch:
BIPP President, Graham Rutherford FBIPP, said: "The standards we set in our awards are extremely high. This picture by Guy is an outstanding example of the best in British photography.
"All photographers joining our organisation go through a challenging qualifying procedure and people buying photography should be reassured to see the BIPP symbol alongside a photographer's name."
- 1 Council and police step up Covid enforcement in North Devon
- 2 Man charged with murder of Northam pensioner
- 3 Three more Covid deaths at North Devon District Hospital but cases are falling
- 4 Terrified shoppers fled Devon city centre attack
- 5 Ram raid burglar jailed after rampaging crime spree
- 6 Suspect remains in custody as Northam murder enquiry continues
- 7 There's light at the end of the tunnel - but for now embrace lockdown life
- 8 Developer 'lost for words' as town council rejects £20m Bideford wharf plans
- 9 Covid-19: Follow the spirit of lockdown says police chief
- 10 Murder enquiry launched at Northam after death of elderly woman
Guy's winning image will be automatically entered into the FEP European Professional Photographer of the Year Awards, organised by the Federation of European Photographers. The winning photographs will be announced at a ceremony in Antwerp, Belgium, in December.