Prestigious award for Loxhore photographer
A NORTH Devon photographer has won a highly coveted silver award in a prestigious international competition. Guy Harrop, from Loxhore, picked up the honour at the British Institute of Professional Photography s National Photographic Awards, held in Cosfor
A NORTH Devon photographer has won a highly coveted silver award in a prestigious international competition.
Guy Harrop, from Loxhore, picked up the honour at the British Institute of Professional Photography's National Photographic Awards, held in Cosford, Shropshire last month.
His photograph of a traditional cheese maker, taken on assignment in the Swiss Alps, beat more than 1,500 professional entries from as far afield as Singapore, Japan, Ireland and the Netherlands.
The striking image won Guy, a licentiate of the British Institute of Professional Photography, an award in the press and PR category. The photograph will form part of the Focus on Imaging exhibition at Birmingham's NEC next March.
You may also want to watch:
BIPP President, Graham Rutherford FBIPP, said: "The standards we set in our awards are extremely high. This picture by Guy is an outstanding example of the best in British photography.
"All photographers joining our organisation go through a challenging qualifying procedure and people buying photography should be reassured to see the BIPP symbol alongside a photographer's name."
- 1 Northam Murder: 'Merciless' carer gets life for killing client who caught him stealing
- 2 Barnstaple Fair set to return for 2021 - 'May the show go on!'
- 3 Council bids for Levelling Up funding for Ilfracombe
- 4 Man dies after crash involving two lorries and a motorbike near Torrington
- 5 Man dies after 'single vehicle collision' on the A386
- 6 Northam Murder: Carer guilty of brutal murder of frail widow
- 7 Woman reportedly assaulted at Bideford park - Police seek witnesses
- 8 MP opens new Northam Burrows Visitor Centre at Westward Ho!
- 9 Huntsmen fined for digging badger sett near Chulmleigh
- 10 Evidence of damage found at Iron Age monument near Ilfracombe
Guy's winning image will be automatically entered into the FEP European Professional Photographer of the Year Awards, organised by the Federation of European Photographers. The winning photographs will be announced at a ceremony in Antwerp, Belgium, in December.