Pranksters take flowerpot man on pub crawl
Pete the Site Supervisor went on an interesting adventure after pranksters ‘borrowed’ him for a night out.
A FLOWERPOT man discovered missing was returned after going on a pub crawl around Ilfracombe, his owner was shocked to discover.
Pete the Site Supervisor had been hand-made for owner Pete Izzard by a friend, but he mysteriously vanished after pranksters ‘borrowed’ him.
Pete was worried and contacted the Gazette in a bid to find his site supervisor, only to have him returned to him by a pub landlord several days later.
It appeared that the flowerpot man, who had changed his name to ‘Bill Potman’ and acquired a profile on social networking site Facebook, had been on a wild night out.
Mr Izzard said: “There were all sorts of photos of him getting up to mischief in pubs around the town.
“When I realise he was missing I was devastated but this has come to a rather amusing conclusion.
- 1 Unique seaside wedding venue to put £1m into Combe Martin economy
- 2 160 traders at this year's Christmas Market in Braunton
- 3 Bideford Christmas Light Switch On dates announced
- 4 Holsworthy link mental health centre looks set to close permanently
- 5 New recycled plastic tables installed at Victoria Park
- 6 Council forms group to tackle North Devon housing crisis
- 7 RGB's North Devon branches helping others this Christmas
- 8 Loud music man fined after breaching official order
- 9 Heddon Valley crowned top of winter walks table
- 10 North Devon MP encourages community to go 'one step greener'
“He is now back at work and apart from nursing a hangover and a few tattoos he is none the worse for wear.”
Bill Potman has already befriended 38 people on Facebook and lists himself as ‘single’, claiming to have studied at Oxford University.