Praise for the NHS
SIR - I recently found myself needing treatment following a walk at Abbotsham cliffs. It was dark, pouring with rain and I was slipping in and out of consciousness. The combined efforts of the Devon Doctors, Coastguard and police was amazing. They w
SIR - I recently found myself needing treatment following a walk at Abbotsham cliffs. It was dark, pouring with rain and I was slipping in and out of consciousness.
The combined efforts of the Devon Doctors, Coastguard and police was amazing. They were all so professional, non-judgemental and full of compassion.
I was airlifted to North Devon District Hospital, where i have been a patient unfortunately on a number of occasions this year. However, on EVERY occasion from the catering staff right up to the consultants, every single person could not have done more.
The medical assessment unit was spotless and cleaned regularly, the food was surprisingly good (I do not know why people complain!), and all the staff so kind, caring and patient. All in all it is not hard to see why we have the best health care system in the world, the standards in my opinion are exceptional.
You may also want to watch:
Name and address supplied.
- 1 Man dies after crash involving two lorries and a motorbike near Torrington
- 2 Man dies after 'single vehicle collision' on the A386
- 3 North Devon Healthcare Trust department awarded Academic status
- 4 MP opens new Northam Burrows Visitor Centre at Westward Ho!
- 5 Northam Murder: Carer guilty of brutal murder of frail widow
- 6 Barnstaple Fair set to return for 2021 - 'May the show go on!'
- 7 Northam Murder: 'Merciless' carer gets life for killing client who caught him stealing
- 8 52-year-old man dies in three car crash between Bideford and Torrington
- 9 Northam Murder: Grieving family condemn killer's lies and cruelty
- 10 Police investigate midnight assault on scooter rider in Barnstaple