Praise for the NHS
SIR - I recently found myself needing treatment following a walk at Abbotsham cliffs. It was dark, pouring with rain and I was slipping in and out of consciousness. The combined efforts of the Devon Doctors, Coastguard and police was amazing. They w
SIR - I recently found myself needing treatment following a walk at Abbotsham cliffs. It was dark, pouring with rain and I was slipping in and out of consciousness.
The combined efforts of the Devon Doctors, Coastguard and police was amazing. They were all so professional, non-judgemental and full of compassion.
I was airlifted to North Devon District Hospital, where i have been a patient unfortunately on a number of occasions this year. However, on EVERY occasion from the catering staff right up to the consultants, every single person could not have done more.
The medical assessment unit was spotless and cleaned regularly, the food was surprisingly good (I do not know why people complain!), and all the staff so kind, caring and patient. All in all it is not hard to see why we have the best health care system in the world, the standards in my opinion are exceptional.
You may also want to watch:
Name and address supplied.
- 1 Some North Devon GP surgeries to provide Covid vaccine clinics
- 2 Weather warning of snow and ice for Devon this weekend
- 3 Covid vaccine: Roll out continues but is North Devon being left out?
- 4 Exmoor Ramble legacy for legendary fundraiser as he battles terminal cancer
- 5 Farmer gets suspended sentence for tractor crash
- 6 Devon's Tiki surf brand is up for sale
- 7 Tributes to Ilfracombe's 30-year school governor
- 8 Barnstaple man cleared of drug dealing charges
- 9 Plans to merge North Devon and Exeter health trusts move forward
- 10 Barnstaple man attacked his wife and neighbour after Christmas drink