Praise for the NHS
SIR - I recently found myself needing treatment following a walk at Abbotsham cliffs. It was dark, pouring with rain and I was slipping in and out of consciousness. The combined efforts of the Devon Doctors, Coastguard and police was amazing. They w
SIR - I recently found myself needing treatment following a walk at Abbotsham cliffs. It was dark, pouring with rain and I was slipping in and out of consciousness.
The combined efforts of the Devon Doctors, Coastguard and police was amazing. They were all so professional, non-judgemental and full of compassion.
I was airlifted to North Devon District Hospital, where i have been a patient unfortunately on a number of occasions this year. However, on EVERY occasion from the catering staff right up to the consultants, every single person could not have done more.
The medical assessment unit was spotless and cleaned regularly, the food was surprisingly good (I do not know why people complain!), and all the staff so kind, caring and patient. All in all it is not hard to see why we have the best health care system in the world, the standards in my opinion are exceptional.
You may also want to watch:
Name and address supplied.
- 1 'Once-in-a-generation' Bideford development given 'full support'
- 2 Hotel restriction in Westward Ho! will not be lifted
- 3 Fashion store opened by North Devon Against Domestic Abuse
- 4 Fugitive jailed after car chase between Bideford and Barnstaple
- 5 Finance manager jailed for stealing almost £1m from Witheridge company
- 6 Coronavirus infection rate for North Devon is zero - no cases in a week
- 7 Jail for toothache attacker in North Molton
- 8 Have your say on the future of North Devon phone boxes
- 9 Bid to make Ilfracombe pier car park long stay rejected
- 10 Take on an Incredible Hike for Children’s Hospice South West