Praise for the NHS
SIR - I recently found myself needing treatment following a walk at Abbotsham cliffs. It was dark, pouring with rain and I was slipping in and out of consciousness. The combined efforts of the Devon Doctors, Coastguard and police was amazing. They w
SIR - I recently found myself needing treatment following a walk at Abbotsham cliffs. It was dark, pouring with rain and I was slipping in and out of consciousness.
The combined efforts of the Devon Doctors, Coastguard and police was amazing. They were all so professional, non-judgemental and full of compassion.
I was airlifted to North Devon District Hospital, where i have been a patient unfortunately on a number of occasions this year. However, on EVERY occasion from the catering staff right up to the consultants, every single person could not have done more.
The medical assessment unit was spotless and cleaned regularly, the food was surprisingly good (I do not know why people complain!), and all the staff so kind, caring and patient. All in all it is not hard to see why we have the best health care system in the world, the standards in my opinion are exceptional.
You may also want to watch:
Name and address supplied.
- 1 Real ice rink coming to Barnstaple Christmas Village
- 2 Torrington woman rebuilds her life after devastating stroke
- 3 £2.1m upgrade will provide space for 38 new North Devon jobs
- 4 Vandalism at Bideford's Brunswick Wharf development condemned
- 5 Cyclist left with ‘serious head injuries’ after incident in Bideford
- 6 Fangtastic half-term Halloween fun at Yeo Valley Woodland
- 7 Bid for £34 million to improve Devon's bus services submitted
- 8 New app 'Dscvr' promoting North Devon town centres set to launch
- 9 Charity staff praised for support helping customers get online
- 10 Firework display set to return to Barnstaple Rugby Club for 2021