Power of the Gazette!
SIR - If anyone should know the power of the press it should be me after a working lifetime in the profession.
However I certainly under-estimated the power when I did a small press release for the Barnstaple Rotary Clubs appealing for winter clothes for their charity shop in Boutport Street Barnstaple.
After collecting my copy of the Gazette I then went into town for a coffee. At the entrance to Presto I was stopped by a man who asked if I was in the Rotary club.
When I said yes he said he has spotted the appeal in the paper, took off his sheepskin coat claiming he needed a new one, gave it to me for the shop and walked away! I was so taken back I didn’t even ask his name, so through your paper can I please thank him, and all the other people who are donating items to the Barnstaple shop, for the incredible generosity?
You may also want to watch:
Barnstaple Link Rotary Club.
- 1 Braunton assault leaves teen with 'serious head injuries' - witness appeal
- 2 Scream mask knifeman caused terror at Barnstaple play park
- 3 Contractor appointed to repair Rock Park Bridge
- 4 HubHop - New shopping app for independent shops in North Devon
- 5 Yelland Quay development refused - Campaigners celebrate
- 6 Nightwalk returns for 2021 with brand-new venue
- 7 Rotarians have great time helping Lampard School pupils
- 8 North Devon benefit fiddler must cash in pension to repay the money
- 9 Man, 22, arrested after cyclist dies in Bideford crash
- 10 Plans to demolish and redevelop Barnstaple Civic Centre finally submitted