Power of the Gazette!
SIR - If anyone should know the power of the press it should be me after a working lifetime in the profession.
However I certainly under-estimated the power when I did a small press release for the Barnstaple Rotary Clubs appealing for winter clothes for their charity shop in Boutport Street Barnstaple.
After collecting my copy of the Gazette I then went into town for a coffee. At the entrance to Presto I was stopped by a man who asked if I was in the Rotary club.
When I said yes he said he has spotted the appeal in the paper, took off his sheepskin coat claiming he needed a new one, gave it to me for the shop and walked away! I was so taken back I didn’t even ask his name, so through your paper can I please thank him, and all the other people who are donating items to the Barnstaple shop, for the incredible generosity?
You may also want to watch:
Barnstaple Link Rotary Club.
- 1 'No Fuel' - Panic buying and fuel shortages hit North Devon
- 2 £34,000 raised for plumber Jed Mason with stage four cancer in less than 48 hours
- 3 One of Bideford's oldest tea rooms sold at auction
- 4 Clubber denies headbutt assault in Barnstaple
- 5 Brunswick Wharf developer given grant money to fix quay wall
- 6 New details on Barnstaple town centre regeneration revealed
- 7 Barnstaple dealer says £3,100 stash in loft was poor quality
- 8 Opening of new nature reserve in Lynton
- 9 MISSING: Police search for David Kose from Ilfracombe
- 10 Celebrations as gate to Pilton's Manning's Pit officially opened