Possible sighting of missing man in North Devon
Police are appealing for information after possible sighting of a man who went missing from his home in Wales in March.
POLICE are renewing their appeal for information after a man who went missing in Wales in March was possibly sighted in North Devon.
A man fitting the description of Owain Mon Roberts, 36, from Cardigan in Wales was spotted by a witness at the Llama festival in Lynton and Lynmouth on June 9.
The witness did not personally know Mr Roberts but was aware he was missing and contacted police.
A police spokesman said: “The man seen was wearing a black long sleeved hoodie style top, with knee length shorts and a black based ball cap with green writing on it.
You may also want to watch:
“He had greying hair with a darker beard that may have been plaited or braided in some way.”
Inspector Lynn Rees at Aberystwyth Police Station said: “We are appealing to anyone who was at the festival, who may know the identity of this man, or have any knowledge of Owain Roberts’s whereabouts to contact Dyfed-Powys Police.
- 1 Volunteers come together to spruce up Barnstaple Train Station
- 2 Appeal launched to raise £100,000 for new play equipment in Bideford
- 3 More than 530 nights in a tent - Max Woosey wins Young Hero Award
- 4 New council led leisure company Active Torridge appoints director
- 5 New home grown manager for South Molton Swimming Pool
- 6 7 top tips to help you find the perfect wedding venue
- 7 Murder investigation launched in Bideford after woman found dead
- 8 North Devon's Amy Riley takes her motorsports dream to next level
- 9 Council leader calls Government 'incompetent' and warns of 'winter of discontent'
- 10 Mission: Unbreakable back with a bang for 2021
“We are particularly keen to identify any photographs or video footage of the event that may include footage of the person described, in order to positively identify the person reported as Owian or eliminate the sighting from the enquiry.
“Owain has played in a band, and worked as a music technician so it is possible that he would attend such a music festival, or potentially work as a sound technician at such an event.”
Mr Roberts was last seen by his family on March 10, when he left his home to go for a walk on the Ceredigion Coastal path.
His family are desperate to locate him and are increasingly worried for his safety.
Anyone who has information is asked to contact Dyfed Powys Police on 101 and ask for Cardigan Police Station.