Possible sighting of missing man in North Devon
Police are appealing for information after possible sighting of a man who went missing from his home in Wales in March.
POLICE are renewing their appeal for information after a man who went missing in Wales in March was possibly sighted in North Devon.
A man fitting the description of Owain Mon Roberts, 36, from Cardigan in Wales was spotted by a witness at the Llama festival in Lynton and Lynmouth on June 9.
The witness did not personally know Mr Roberts but was aware he was missing and contacted police.
A police spokesman said: “The man seen was wearing a black long sleeved hoodie style top, with knee length shorts and a black based ball cap with green writing on it.
You may also want to watch:
“He had greying hair with a darker beard that may have been plaited or braided in some way.”
Inspector Lynn Rees at Aberystwyth Police Station said: “We are appealing to anyone who was at the festival, who may know the identity of this man, or have any knowledge of Owain Roberts’s whereabouts to contact Dyfed-Powys Police.
- 1 Man dies after crash involving two lorries and a motorbike near Torrington
- 2 South Molton pub attacker must pay compensation after kicking customer in head
- 3 Northam murder suspect accused of telling a 'litany of lies' about killing
- 4 £60,000 street marshal investment to make North Devon safer
- 5 Evidence of damage found at Iron Age monument near Ilfracombe
- 6 Plan for 173 homes on Torrington Creamery site approved despite no affordable homes
- 7 Crash and assault in Ilfracombe - Police appeal
- 8 Six people injured in serious crash on A39 near Barnstaple - Police appeal
- 9 Changes to reporting planning breaches in North Devon
- 10 Busy thirteen days for Appledore RNLI
“We are particularly keen to identify any photographs or video footage of the event that may include footage of the person described, in order to positively identify the person reported as Owian or eliminate the sighting from the enquiry.
“Owain has played in a band, and worked as a music technician so it is possible that he would attend such a music festival, or potentially work as a sound technician at such an event.”
Mr Roberts was last seen by his family on March 10, when he left his home to go for a walk on the Ceredigion Coastal path.
His family are desperate to locate him and are increasingly worried for his safety.
Anyone who has information is asked to contact Dyfed Powys Police on 101 and ask for Cardigan Police Station.