Portmore crash: Four cut from vehicles
North Devon Link Road was closed for several hours
Rush hour traffic around Barnstaple was disrupted last night (Monday) following a collision involving two cars on the A361 between the Portmore roundabout and the Landkey junctione outside the town.
The road was closed while fire crews from Barnstaple and Braunton used hydraulic cutting gear to release four people trapped in the vehicles, a blue Ford Fusion and a red Ford Focus. They were suffering from head and back injuries and were taken to North Devon District Hospital by ambulance.
Two other casualties, who were not trapped in the vehicles, were also taken to hospital. Police said none of the injuries appeared to be llife threatening.
The crews used hydraulic rescue equipment, small tools and a winch to deal with the incident.
You may also want to watch:
Diversions were put in place while police investigated ths accident scene and the road was reopened at 10.40pm
Police are appealing for witnesses to the accident to contact them on 08452 777 444.
- 1 Small-time drug dealer 'caught red-handed'
- 2 County Council Elections: Candidates for Torridge
- 3 County Council Elections: Candidates for North Devon
- 4 12 countries announced on travel green list from May 17
- 5 Police appeal after Barnstaple brawl
- 6 Dog Restrictions come into force on Westward Ho! Beach
- 7 Bideford paramedic compensated after winning victimisation claim
- 8 Shocked Barnstaple burglary victim watched raid on phone
- 9 Devon County Council Elections: Candidate lists for North Devon and Torridge
- 10 Big opening-day wins for Bideford and Braunton