Portmore crash: Four cut from vehicles
North Devon Link Road was closed for several hours
Rush hour traffic around Barnstaple was disrupted last night (Monday) following a collision involving two cars on the A361 between the Portmore roundabout and the Landkey junctione outside the town.
The road was closed while fire crews from Barnstaple and Braunton used hydraulic cutting gear to release four people trapped in the vehicles, a blue Ford Fusion and a red Ford Focus. They were suffering from head and back injuries and were taken to North Devon District Hospital by ambulance.
Two other casualties, who were not trapped in the vehicles, were also taken to hospital. Police said none of the injuries appeared to be llife threatening.
The crews used hydraulic rescue equipment, small tools and a winch to deal with the incident.
You may also want to watch:
Diversions were put in place while police investigated ths accident scene and the road was reopened at 10.40pm
Police are appealing for witnesses to the accident to contact them on 08452 777 444.
- 1 Northam Murder: Accused carer told police he 'loved her to bits'
- 2 PICTURES: Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall visit The Burton at Bideford
- 3 Jewellery and cash stolen in Barnstaple burglary
- 4 PICTURES: Duchess of Cornwall visits Little Bridge House in Fremington
- 5 Bideford man dies after Link Road crash near South Molton
- 6 'Spot The Oddity' in Bideford for your chance to win £100
- 7 Plan to replace old North Devon Leisure Centre with housing submitted
- 8 Britain’s most influential artists exhibit at The Burton at Bideford
- 9 Northam Murder: Expert says trail of clues link carer to the scene
- 10 A361: Crash involving car and lorry blocks Link Road near South Molton