Popular Kidz Karnival returns to Barnstaple
IT is almost Barnstaple Carnival time again and excited youngsters and their parents are reminded now is the time to get those entries in for the popular Kidz Karnival. A great event in its own right and attracting large numbers of children from across No
IT is almost Barnstaple Carnival time again and excited youngsters and their parents are reminded now is the time to get those entries in for the popular Kidz Karnival.
A great event in its own right and attracting large numbers of children from across North Devon, the parade of colourfully dressed characters is on Saturday, September 19, the same day as the main parade.
The Kidz procession will form up outside the Civic Centre at 1.30pm with prizes awarded to the best dressed youngsters. It will move off at 3pm and make its way around town, led by the Army Cadet Band.
There will be a host of activities on Castle Green from 10am-5pm, including live bands, bouncy castles, rides, food and craft stalls.
Organisers of this year's event say they still have space for any organisations wanting to set up a stall on the Green.
Commercial stalls cost �35 a pitch and charity stalls are charged �10. For more information, telephone Mel Lovering on (01271) 376909.
- 1 OPINION: Hi-Tech – Is North Devon ahead or behind the curve?
- 2 Masons donate £20,000 to food banks
- 3 Steve’s family and friends bring Christmas to hospital ward
- 4 Property of the Week: Some of the finest views of North Devon's coast
- 5 Specialist fire crews rescue horse trapped in ditch
- 6 Village halls offered cash helping hand in Covid battle
- 7 North Devon Weekend Football Results
- 8 Refresh your New Year’s wardrobe by donating unwanted clothes for a good cause
- 9 SWW warns: 'Don't be frozen out'
- 10 Together we can look forward to 2022
Entry forms for the Kidz Karnival are available at Barum House on the Square or can be downloaded at www.barnstaplecarnival.com