Popular Kidz Karnival returns to Barnstaple
IT is almost Barnstaple Carnival time again and excited youngsters and their parents are reminded now is the time to get those entries in for the popular Kidz Karnival. A great event in its own right and attracting large numbers of children from across No
IT is almost Barnstaple Carnival time again and excited youngsters and their parents are reminded now is the time to get those entries in for the popular Kidz Karnival.
A great event in its own right and attracting large numbers of children from across North Devon, the parade of colourfully dressed characters is on Saturday, September 19, the same day as the main parade.
The Kidz procession will form up outside the Civic Centre at 1.30pm with prizes awarded to the best dressed youngsters. It will move off at 3pm and make its way around town, led by the Army Cadet Band.
There will be a host of activities on Castle Green from 10am-5pm, including live bands, bouncy castles, rides, food and craft stalls.
You may also want to watch:
Organisers of this year's event say they still have space for any organisations wanting to set up a stall on the Green.
Commercial stalls cost �35 a pitch and charity stalls are charged �10. For more information, telephone Mel Lovering on (01271) 376909.
- 1 Tributes paid to 'legendary' North Devon vet Brian Crawford
- 2 Pictures: North Devon's winter wonderland
- 3 Judge jails 'worst' drink driver he has ever seen
- 4 Busy first day for new Covid-19 vaccination centre at Westward Ho!
- 5 Two arrested as teenager fights for life after Ilfracombe stabbing
- 6 Some North Devon GP surgeries to provide Covid vaccine clinics
- 7 Covid vaccine: Roll out continues but is North Devon being left out?
- 8 Masked burglars make Bideford garage cigarette smash and grab
- 9 Plans to merge North Devon and Exeter health trusts move forward
- 10 Devon's Tiki surf brand is up for sale
Entry forms for the Kidz Karnival are available at Barum House on the Square or can be downloaded at www.barnstaplecarnival.com