Popular Kidz Karnival returns to Barnstaple
IT is almost Barnstaple Carnival time again and excited youngsters and their parents are reminded now is the time to get those entries in for the popular Kidz Karnival. A great event in its own right and attracting large numbers of children from across No
IT is almost Barnstaple Carnival time again and excited youngsters and their parents are reminded now is the time to get those entries in for the popular Kidz Karnival.
A great event in its own right and attracting large numbers of children from across North Devon, the parade of colourfully dressed characters is on Saturday, September 19, the same day as the main parade.
The Kidz procession will form up outside the Civic Centre at 1.30pm with prizes awarded to the best dressed youngsters. It will move off at 3pm and make its way around town, led by the Army Cadet Band.
There will be a host of activities on Castle Green from 10am-5pm, including live bands, bouncy castles, rides, food and craft stalls.
You may also want to watch:
Organisers of this year's event say they still have space for any organisations wanting to set up a stall on the Green.
Commercial stalls cost �35 a pitch and charity stalls are charged �10. For more information, telephone Mel Lovering on (01271) 376909.
- 1 Man wielding knife arrested in Barnstaple park
- 2 Rapid coronavirus tests now available across Devon
- 3 Date set for reopening of Bideford Pannier Market
- 4 North Devon high streets get set to welcome residents back
- 5 iLab marks 10th birthday with pledge to raise £10,000 for North Devon Hospice
- 6 Braunton farmer admits ploughing up 'semi natural' land
- 7 Mystery over Barnstaple builder's death
- 8 Date set for Barnstaple Pannier Market reopening
- 9 Westward Ho! housing plan for 138 new homes approved
- 10 Prom schoolgirl killed as she crossed road near Trimstone
Entry forms for the Kidz Karnival are available at Barum House on the Square or can be downloaded at www.barnstaplecarnival.com