Popular Kidz Karnival returns to Barnstaple
IT is almost Barnstaple Carnival time again and excited youngsters and their parents are reminded now is the time to get those entries in for the popular Kidz Karnival. A great event in its own right and attracting large numbers of children from across No
IT is almost Barnstaple Carnival time again and excited youngsters and their parents are reminded now is the time to get those entries in for the popular Kidz Karnival.
A great event in its own right and attracting large numbers of children from across North Devon, the parade of colourfully dressed characters is on Saturday, September 19, the same day as the main parade.
The Kidz procession will form up outside the Civic Centre at 1.30pm with prizes awarded to the best dressed youngsters. It will move off at 3pm and make its way around town, led by the Army Cadet Band.
There will be a host of activities on Castle Green from 10am-5pm, including live bands, bouncy castles, rides, food and craft stalls.
You may also want to watch:
Organisers of this year's event say they still have space for any organisations wanting to set up a stall on the Green.
Commercial stalls cost �35 a pitch and charity stalls are charged �10. For more information, telephone Mel Lovering on (01271) 376909.
- 1 'No Fuel' - Panic buying and fuel shortages hit North Devon
- 2 £34,000 raised for plumber Jed Mason with stage four cancer in less than 48 hours
- 3 Celebrations as gate to Pilton's Manning's Pit officially opened
- 4 Staff at Wimpy Barnstaple receive special bonus
- 5 Clubber denies headbutt assault in Barnstaple
- 6 One of Bideford's oldest tea rooms sold at auction
- 7 North Devon MP Selaine Saxby receives parliamentary promotion
- 8 Dignitaries formally open Penrose Almshouses in Barnstaple
- 9 Mercy for Lynton farm shop keeper who grew cannabis
- 10 Extinction Rebellion celebrate Big Green Week in Barnstaple
Entry forms for the Kidz Karnival are available at Barum House on the Square or can be downloaded at www.barnstaplecarnival.com