Poppy need is as great as ever
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
The Royal British Legion Poppy Day is on Sunday (November 10).
We all know how much and how many depend on The Royal British Legion and a successful Poppy Day Appeal.
The need for help is still as great as ever and we need to show our support for all members of the armed forces, retired members and their families.
Devon has always given generously. I am confident this year we will all ‘wear our Poppy with pride’ – and with thankfulness.
Councillor Bernard Hughes OBE
You may also want to watch:
Chairman, Devon County Council
- 1 UPDATE: Two people airlifted to hospital after A361 Link Road crash
- 2 North Devon men to swim the English Channel and back again
- 3 Bideford woman wins £70,000 and turns miles into trees
- 4 Thieves steal £3,500 of fragrances from Barnstaple department store
- 5 Farmer fined for ploughing up protected Iron Age remains
- 6 Rescue dog finally finds forever home after more than 200 days
- 7 Rare vehicles from Dave Vanstone Collection go to auction
- 8 Barnstaple firm develops new anti-Covid alloy to replace stainless steel
- 9 Moore makes mark as North Devon beat Budleigh Salterton
- 10 Torrington school switches to remote learning after Covid cases