Poppy need is as great as ever
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
The Royal British Legion Poppy Day is on Sunday (November 10).
We all know how much and how many depend on The Royal British Legion and a successful Poppy Day Appeal.
The need for help is still as great as ever and we need to show our support for all members of the armed forces, retired members and their families.
Devon has always given generously. I am confident this year we will all ‘wear our Poppy with pride’ – and with thankfulness.
Councillor Bernard Hughes OBE
You may also want to watch:
Chairman, Devon County Council
- 1 North Devon's largest private employer needs workers to expand
- 2 Street food traders revealed for South Molton Food and Drink Festival
- 3 820 homes approved for Landkey despite council concern
- 4 'Controversial' plan to close mental health centres in North Devon
- 5 North Devon optometrist highlights 'ticking timebomb' vision crisis
- 6 New Archdeacon of Barnstaple begins her role at special service in Bideford
- 7 Celebrating 15 years of North Devon charity Families in Grief
- 8 World’s Biggest Macmillan Coffee Morning backed by North Devon MP
- 9 Devon Police commissioner commits to tackling gender violence
- 10 A dose of rugby reality for Barnstaple