Poorly children invited to ride the fair for free in Braunton
POORLY children are being invited to enjoy all the fun of the fair for free at an event in Braunton next week. Organisers of the Anderton and Rowlands Fun Fair are throwing open their gates for the special event in conjunction with the Children s Hospice
POORLY children are being invited to enjoy all the fun of the fair for free at an event in Braunton next week.
Organisers of the Anderton and Rowlands Fun Fair are throwing open their gates for the special event in conjunction with the Children's Hospice South West on Wednesday, July 15.
Children with life limiting or life threatening conditions will be able to ride amusements operated at reduced pace for an hour-and-a-half, from 2.30pm.
Youngsters will also be offered free candy floss and sweets at the Fair in the Park, which opens to the public on Thursday until Sunday, July 19. Normal opening times are from 6pm on weekdays and from 2pm at weekends.
You may also want to watch:
Owner Simon DeVey said he was only too happy to open up the rides for the specially invited guests.
"The Children's Hospice South West does a fantastic job in not only looking after these children, but also supporting the families of the kids, he said.
- 1 Police seek driver after horse riders injured in Westward Ho! incident
- 2 2021 North Devon Show cancelled
- 3 Man wielding knife arrested in Barnstaple park
- 4 Property of the Week: Ford Rise, Bideford
- 5 High Streets reopen across Torridge
- 6 New Pebbleridge Kitchen arrives on Northam Burrows
- 7 Four cousins take on Four Church Challenge
- 8 Barnstaple flood prevention scheme at least two years away
- 9 iLab marks 10th birthday with pledge to raise £10,000 for North Devon Hospice
- 10 North Devon fossil hunter's collection goes to auction
"Many of these youngsters are not expected to live into adulthood and from the moment they are diagnosed they can visit the hospice for planned respite or for emergency care depending on the needs of the family.
"Throughout the year I organise a number of these style events and they are always rewarding, with the enjoyment on the faces of the kids worth every minute of the opening session. "Hopefully we can give them a great afternoon out on our rides and attractions and something they will remember and talk about for a long time.