Pools reopen in North Devon
TWO major swimming pools in North Devon and Torridge reopened on Saturday after major refurbishments.
The pool at North Devon Leisure Centre in Barnstaple has been fully refurbished following a six month �1.1 million project while Torrington Pool also celebrated its official reopening after an extensive half-a-million-pound scheme.
The Barnstaple centre has seen a great deal of structural repair work behind the scenes, together with a new look pool hall and changing room areas, showers and a health suite.
“I would like to thank all the team who have been involved,” said North Devon Council project manager Mark Kentell.
“We have essentially delivered a new facility and I am pleased we can enjoy this for many years to come and thrilled with how it has turned out.”
You may also want to watch:
At Torrington a weekend of family fun laid on by leisure trust 1610 allowed residents to see the revamped facilities for themselves.
Tim Nightingale, Chief Executive of 1610, said: “Although it was necessary to close the pool during the major repair work I am sure everyone will now agree that that it was worthwhile doing it and it has meant a vast improvement to the facilities on offer whilst retaining the Pool’s original character.”
- 1 Contractor appointed to repair Rock Park Bridge
- 2 Braunton assault leaves teen with 'serious head injuries' - witness appeal
- 3 Nightwalk returns for 2021 with brand-new venue
- 4 Yelland Quay development refused - Campaigners celebrate
- 5 Scream mask knifeman caused terror at Barnstaple play park
- 6 HubHop - New shopping app for independent shops in North Devon
- 7 Financial support for survivors of domestic violence in North Devon
- 8 Torridge councillors meet at AGM and re-elect councillor Ken James as Leader
- 9 Man, 22, arrested after cyclist dies in Bideford crash
- 10 Fresh funds to continue rough sleeper support in North Devon