Pools reopen in North Devon
TWO major swimming pools in North Devon and Torridge reopened on Saturday after major refurbishments.
The pool at North Devon Leisure Centre in Barnstaple has been fully refurbished following a six month �1.1 million project while Torrington Pool also celebrated its official reopening after an extensive half-a-million-pound scheme.
The Barnstaple centre has seen a great deal of structural repair work behind the scenes, together with a new look pool hall and changing room areas, showers and a health suite.
“I would like to thank all the team who have been involved,” said North Devon Council project manager Mark Kentell.
“We have essentially delivered a new facility and I am pleased we can enjoy this for many years to come and thrilled with how it has turned out.”
You may also want to watch:
At Torrington a weekend of family fun laid on by leisure trust 1610 allowed residents to see the revamped facilities for themselves.
Tim Nightingale, Chief Executive of 1610, said: “Although it was necessary to close the pool during the major repair work I am sure everyone will now agree that that it was worthwhile doing it and it has meant a vast improvement to the facilities on offer whilst retaining the Pool’s original character.”
- 1 Small-time drug dealer 'caught red-handed'
- 2 County Council Elections: Candidates for Torridge
- 3 County Council Elections: Candidates for North Devon
- 4 12 countries announced on travel green list from May 17
- 5 Police appeal after Barnstaple brawl
- 6 Dog Restrictions come into force on Westward Ho! Beach
- 7 Bideford paramedic compensated after winning victimisation claim
- 8 Big opening-day wins for Bideford and Braunton
- 9 Devon County Council Elections: Candidate lists for North Devon and Torridge
- 10 Shocked Barnstaple burglary victim watched raid on phone