Pools reopen in North Devon
TWO major swimming pools in North Devon and Torridge reopened on Saturday after major refurbishments.
The pool at North Devon Leisure Centre in Barnstaple has been fully refurbished following a six month �1.1 million project while Torrington Pool also celebrated its official reopening after an extensive half-a-million-pound scheme.
The Barnstaple centre has seen a great deal of structural repair work behind the scenes, together with a new look pool hall and changing room areas, showers and a health suite.
“I would like to thank all the team who have been involved,” said North Devon Council project manager Mark Kentell.
“We have essentially delivered a new facility and I am pleased we can enjoy this for many years to come and thrilled with how it has turned out.”
You may also want to watch:
At Torrington a weekend of family fun laid on by leisure trust 1610 allowed residents to see the revamped facilities for themselves.
Tim Nightingale, Chief Executive of 1610, said: “Although it was necessary to close the pool during the major repair work I am sure everyone will now agree that that it was worthwhile doing it and it has meant a vast improvement to the facilities on offer whilst retaining the Pool’s original character.”
- 1 820 homes approved for Landkey despite council concern
- 2 Northam man who searched for child pornography sent on treatment course
- 3 PICTURES: Women 'Walk Taller Than The Trees' at Nightwalk 2021
- 4 Man seriously injured at Appledore Quay - Witness Appeal
- 5 PICTURES: Bideford 10k is back for 2021
- 6 Torridge launches Waste and Recycling Roadshows
- 7 Tributes paid to North Devon librarian Ian Tansley
- 8 Arts Council England announces support for North Devon
- 9 Dolton remembers resident Rolling Stone Charlie Watts
- 10 Sale of Bideford's Brunswick Wharf completed