Pool to open in April
Good news for swimmers as Torrington pool is set to reopen in April.
SWIMMERS will be able to return to the pool in April as the restorative work on the roof of Torrington Pool is underway.
The essential roof work being carried out by SWH (Build) Ltd on behalf of Torridge District Council is due to be completed by the end of March.
The �260,000 construction contract was awarded after the pool was plagued with maintenance issues.
A budget of �550,000 has been set for the project which includes grants of �100,000 from the Amateur Swimming Association and �50,000 over five years from Torrington Town Council.
You may also want to watch:
Once opened, the council’s newly appointed leisure contractor 1610 will manage the facility.
- 1 Plan for 173 homes on Torrington Creamery site approved despite no affordable homes
- 2 Crash and assault in Ilfracombe - Police appeal
- 3 Northam Murder: Carer denies killing widow Carol Hart
- 4 PICTURES: Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall visit The Burton at Bideford
- 5 Rosemoor transforms into Wonderland for the summer holidays
- 6 New ‘inside-out’ art gallery coming to Ilfracombe
- 7 Jewellery and cash stolen in Barnstaple burglary
- 8 Changes to reporting planning breaches in North Devon
- 9 Busy thirteen days for Appledore RNLI
- 10 Tesco launches ‘Buy One to Help A Child’ in North Devon