Pool to open in April
Good news for swimmers as Torrington pool is set to reopen in April.
SWIMMERS will be able to return to the pool in April as the restorative work on the roof of Torrington Pool is underway.
The essential roof work being carried out by SWH (Build) Ltd on behalf of Torridge District Council is due to be completed by the end of March.
The �260,000 construction contract was awarded after the pool was plagued with maintenance issues.
A budget of �550,000 has been set for the project which includes grants of �100,000 from the Amateur Swimming Association and �50,000 over five years from Torrington Town Council.
You may also want to watch:
Once opened, the council’s newly appointed leisure contractor 1610 will manage the facility.
- 1 North Devon sign West Indian pace bowler
- 2 'ThINK it through before you tattoo' urges council
- 3 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 4 People in North Devon urged to take up the vaccine to help protect others
- 5 Ilfracombe man, 64, must pay compensation for baseball bat attack
- 6 Alison Hernandez vows to get tough on crime as she retains PCC role
- 7 Conservatives maintain control of Devon County Council despite losses
- 8 Small-time drug dealer 'caught red-handed'
- 9 Ton-up Brend helps Bideford set early pace
- 10 New Barnstaple restaurant offers Fine Dining at Home