Pool scores top marks for lifeguard training
Torridge swimming pool scored 100 per cent in rigorous assessment.
STAFF at Torridge Swimming Pool in Northam are celebrating after receiving top marks for its lifeguard training.
The centre scored 100 per cent during a rigorous assessment process and has now been approved as a training centre for life guards.
The assessment was carried out by the IQL, which monitors national standards on behalf of the Royal Life Saving Society.
Michelle Ward, manager of Torridge Pool, said: “It is essential that when operating swimming pool that health and safety standards are as high as possible and that of course includes the lifeguard service which helps keep swimmers safe in the pool.
You may also want to watch:
“We are proud that we scored so highly in the assessment which is due to the dedicated team that we are lucky to have working for us here at Torridge Pool.
“And in particular one member of staff, Sonia Cox, has to be commended for the hard work she put in to ensure that we did so well in the assessment.”
- 1 MISSING: Police search for Peter Hughes from Combe Martin area
- 2 Aldi plans for three new stores in North Devon
- 3 'Kinky Boots' coming to Barnstaple's Queen's Theatre
- 4 North Devon charity organises Routes of Remembrance
- 5 Developer sponsors Shammy FC youth teams
- 6 'Neglected' North Devon taxi firm challenged by councillors
- 7 North Devon Healthcare trust scores high in patient survey
- 8 Firework display set to return to Barnstaple Rugby Club for 2021
- 9 Devon health boss 'concerned' at low Covid booster uptake
- 10 £2.1m upgrade will provide space for 38 new North Devon jobs