Policy is verging on the ridiculous
Further to my previous message about the grass verges not being cut (“Let’s all take pride”, Opinion, May 29) it now transpires that the whole country is only supposed to cut the verges twice a year because of the wildlife and flowers. How ridiculous.
More people this year are suffering hay fever, etc, and what about the dog owners who think it’s OK not to pick up the poo because they can’t find it in the long grass?
Beer cans and all sorts of litter thrown into it are making it look like the council waste site.
What a state this country is in now, putting wildlife before people’s health and bringing down the town’s image?
I wonder how many of the general public have the same views.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Man arrested after 'serious assault' outside Barnstaple nightclub
- 2 Assault and attempted robbery near Tarka Trail
- 3 Drink driver banned after Ilfracombe Lidl crash
- 4 Braunton assault leaves teen with 'serious head injuries' - witness appeal
- 5 Contractor appointed to repair Rock Park Bridge
- 6 Holsworthy conveyancer crowned Young Practitioner of the Year
- 7 Yelland Quay development refused - Campaigners celebrate
- 8 Man, 22, arrested after cyclist dies in Bideford crash
- 9 Surf trio take on epic surf paddle challenge in memory of best friends
- 10 Brian Greenslade's name scraped off plaque after sex assault trial