Policy is verging on the ridiculous
Further to my previous message about the grass verges not being cut (“Let’s all take pride”, Opinion, May 29) it now transpires that the whole country is only supposed to cut the verges twice a year because of the wildlife and flowers. How ridiculous.
More people this year are suffering hay fever, etc, and what about the dog owners who think it’s OK not to pick up the poo because they can’t find it in the long grass?
Beer cans and all sorts of litter thrown into it are making it look like the council waste site.
What a state this country is in now, putting wildlife before people’s health and bringing down the town’s image?
I wonder how many of the general public have the same views.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 'Controversial' plan to close mental health centres in North Devon
- 2 Holidaymaker jailed for attacking partner in Ilfracombe
- 3 820 homes approved for Landkey despite council concern
- 4 Northam man who searched for child pornography sent on treatment course
- 5 Torridge launches Waste and Recycling Roadshows
- 6 Man seriously injured at Appledore Quay - Witness Appeal
- 7 PICTURES: Women 'Walk Taller Than The Trees' at Nightwalk 2021
- 8 PICTURES: Bideford 10k is back for 2021
- 9 Arts Council England announces support for North Devon
- 10 'Monster' jailed after abuse victim tells judge of his torment