Police work to identify body found at foot of Ilfracombe cliffs
A police helicopter and Ilfracombe lifeboat were called to assist in the recovery of a body yesterday afternoon.
POLICE are currently investigating the circumstances surrounding a man’s death after his body was discovered on a beach in Ilfracombe yesterday (Mon).
The body was found around 2.45pm at the bottom of Beacon Point in the Hillsborough area of Ilfracombe.
A woman called the police after discovering some personal items on a footpath on the cliff.
Police requested the help of the RNLI as the position of the body on the beach meant it could only be accessed from the water.
You may also want to watch:
The police helicopter was also in attendance and officers are currently investigating the circumstances around the man’s death.
A police spokesman said: “There do not appear to be any suspicious circumstances but we are still making enquiries and keeping an open mind.”
- 1 PICTURES: New Bideford book merges old pictures with new
- 2 Man with 'fearsome' ornamental knife arrested in Barnstaple
- 3 Ilfracombe dressage star Caitlin Burgess pursues Olympic dream
- 4 Assault and attempted robbery near Tarka Trail
- 5 Man arrested after 'serious assault' outside Barnstaple nightclub
- 6 North Devon grandad takes on 700 mile cycling challenge
- 7 Drink driver banned after Ilfracombe Lidl crash
- 8 Surf trio take on epic surf paddle challenge in memory of best friends
- 9 Holsworthy conveyancer crowned Young Practitioner of the Year
- 10 HubHop - New shopping app for independent shops in North Devon
Officers are still working to identify the body and inform the next of kin.