Police work to identify body found at foot of Ilfracombe cliffs
A police helicopter and Ilfracombe lifeboat were called to assist in the recovery of a body yesterday afternoon.
POLICE are currently investigating the circumstances surrounding a man’s death after his body was discovered on a beach in Ilfracombe yesterday (Mon).
The body was found around 2.45pm at the bottom of Beacon Point in the Hillsborough area of Ilfracombe.
A woman called the police after discovering some personal items on a footpath on the cliff.
Police requested the help of the RNLI as the position of the body on the beach meant it could only be accessed from the water.
You may also want to watch:
The police helicopter was also in attendance and officers are currently investigating the circumstances around the man’s death.
A police spokesman said: “There do not appear to be any suspicious circumstances but we are still making enquiries and keeping an open mind.”
- 1 'No Fuel' - Panic buying and fuel shortages hit North Devon
- 2 £34,000 raised for plumber Jed Mason with stage four cancer in less than 48 hours
- 3 Celebrations as gate to Pilton's Manning's Pit officially opened
- 4 Clubber denies headbutt assault in Barnstaple
- 5 One of Bideford's oldest tea rooms sold at auction
- 6 Staff at Wimpy Barnstaple receive special bonus
- 7 North Devon MP Selaine Saxby receives parliamentary promotion
- 8 Dignitaries formally open Penrose Almshouses in Barnstaple
- 9 Mercy for Lynton farm shop keeper who grew cannabis
- 10 Extinction Rebellion celebrate Big Green Week in Barnstaple
Officers are still working to identify the body and inform the next of kin.