Police warn of beauty spot car break-ins
- Credit: Archant
Seven cars broken into in seven days at popular North Devon walking spots.
POLICE are advising motorists not to leave valuables in their vehicles following a spate of thefts at local beauty spots this month.
Several parked cars have been broken into at Crow Point, Velator Quay and Westleigh in the space of a few days.
Windows were smashed and items taken include handbags, iPhones, a sat-navs and an angle grinder.
In the latest incident on Saturday, a purse containing a large amount of cash, hidden under a front seat, was taken from a car at Velator Quay.
You may also want to watch:
It was one of seven similar incidents reported to police in the space of a week.
PCSO Hannah Denton said: “It is so easy to think you will be only be a few minutes and to push your bag under the seat but unfortunately we cannot risk this.
- 1 £34,000 raised for plumber Jed Mason with stage four cancer in less than 48 hours
- 2 Barnstaple dealer says £3,100 stash in loft was poor quality
- 3 One of Bideford's oldest tea rooms sold at auction
- 4 New details on Barnstaple town centre regeneration revealed
- 5 Homeless man jailed after attacking Barnstaple soldier in McDonald's
- 6 Brunswick Wharf developer given grant money to fix quay wall
- 7 North Devon's largest private employer needs workers to expand
- 8 Opening of new nature reserve in Lynton
- 9 MISSING: Police search for David Kose from Ilfracombe
- 10 Street food traders revealed for South Molton Food and Drink Festival
“I am urging people to put items completely out of sight in a secure boot or take them with them.”
For crime prevention advice, or if to offer information about the thefts, call PCSO Denton 101 quoting cn/14/92 or email email@example.com