Police warn of beauty spot car break-ins
- Credit: Archant
Seven cars broken into in seven days at popular North Devon walking spots.
POLICE are advising motorists not to leave valuables in their vehicles following a spate of thefts at local beauty spots this month.
Several parked cars have been broken into at Crow Point, Velator Quay and Westleigh in the space of a few days.
Windows were smashed and items taken include handbags, iPhones, a sat-navs and an angle grinder.
In the latest incident on Saturday, a purse containing a large amount of cash, hidden under a front seat, was taken from a car at Velator Quay.
You may also want to watch:
It was one of seven similar incidents reported to police in the space of a week.
PCSO Hannah Denton said: “It is so easy to think you will be only be a few minutes and to push your bag under the seat but unfortunately we cannot risk this.
- 1 UPDATE: Two people airlifted to hospital after A361 Link Road crash
- 2 North Devon men to swim the English Channel and back again
- 3 Bideford woman wins £70,000 and turns miles into trees
- 4 Thieves steal £3,500 of fragrances from Barnstaple department store
- 5 Farmer fined for ploughing up protected Iron Age remains
- 6 Torrington school switches to remote learning after Covid cases
- 7 Rescue dog finally finds forever home after more than 200 days
- 8 Barnstaple firm develops new anti-Covid alloy to replace stainless steel
- 9 Rare vehicles from Dave Vanstone Collection go to auction
- 10 Moore makes mark as North Devon beat Budleigh Salterton
“I am urging people to put items completely out of sight in a secure boot or take them with them.”
For crime prevention advice, or if to offer information about the thefts, call PCSO Denton 101 quoting cn/14/92 or email email@example.com