Police to quiz Saturday night revellers in Barnstaple
EXTRA police will be out and about in Barnstaple town centre on Saturday evening to ask people how safe they feel. The initiative is part of Alcohol Awareness Week activities and will also involve members of Safer North Devon. Sector Inspector Toby Dav
EXTRA police will be out and about in Barnstaple town centre on Saturday evening to ask people how safe they feel.
The initiative is part of Alcohol Awareness Week activities and will also involve members of Safer North Devon.
Sector Inspector Toby Davies said: "We want people to approach us and tell us what they think police or partners can do to make them feel safer and have an even more enjoyable night .
" It is a really good opportunity for us to prioritise what is important to those using Barnstaple at night and anything more that people feel we or other organisations can do to ensure they have a safe night or make them feel even safer. All feedback will be completely anonymous.
You may also want to watch:
"We would be particularly keen to hear from those working as part of the night-time economy taxi drivers, door staff, pub staff etc as well as those using the facilities - pub goers, restaurant users, theatre and cinema goers. Please don't be shy come and tell us what you think!."
Inspector Davies continued: "Police and partners have successfully reduced levels of alcohol related disorder over the past few years but with Christmas on the horizon we are coming to the time of year where more and more people come into the town at night. This is a really good opportunity for the community to help police and partners prioritise what is important to them.
- 1 Devon's Tiki surf brand is up for sale
- 2 Tributes to Ilfracombe's 30-year school governor
- 3 Northam murder suspect remanded in custody
- 4 I'm Still Standing: Ambulance worker's battle against the darkness
- 5 Barnstaple's The ilab launches iPad appeal to help lockdown home schoolers
- 6 Council and police step up Covid enforcement in North Devon
- 7 Roger McGough unveiled as Plough Poetry Prize judge
- 8 Three more Covid deaths at North Devon District Hospital but cases are falling
- 9 Developer 'lost for words' as town council rejects £20m Bideford wharf plans
- 10 Murder enquiry launched at Northam after death of elderly woman