Police to quiz Saturday night revellers in Barnstaple
EXTRA police will be out and about in Barnstaple town centre on Saturday evening to ask people how safe they feel. The initiative is part of Alcohol Awareness Week activities and will also involve members of Safer North Devon. Sector Inspector Toby Dav
EXTRA police will be out and about in Barnstaple town centre on Saturday evening to ask people how safe they feel.
The initiative is part of Alcohol Awareness Week activities and will also involve members of Safer North Devon.
Sector Inspector Toby Davies said: "We want people to approach us and tell us what they think police or partners can do to make them feel safer and have an even more enjoyable night .
" It is a really good opportunity for us to prioritise what is important to those using Barnstaple at night and anything more that people feel we or other organisations can do to ensure they have a safe night or make them feel even safer. All feedback will be completely anonymous.
You may also want to watch:
"We would be particularly keen to hear from those working as part of the night-time economy taxi drivers, door staff, pub staff etc as well as those using the facilities - pub goers, restaurant users, theatre and cinema goers. Please don't be shy come and tell us what you think!."
Inspector Davies continued: "Police and partners have successfully reduced levels of alcohol related disorder over the past few years but with Christmas on the horizon we are coming to the time of year where more and more people come into the town at night. This is a really good opportunity for the community to help police and partners prioritise what is important to them.
- 1 Fugitive jailed after car chase between Bideford and Barnstaple
- 2 Finance manager jailed for stealing almost £1m from Witheridge company
- 3 Hotel restriction in Westward Ho! will not be lifted
- 4 Jail for toothache attacker in North Molton
- 5 Man hospitalised after alleyway assault in South Molton
- 6 Bid to make Ilfracombe pier car park long stay rejected
- 7 North Devon fossil hunter's collection goes to auction
- 8 New Pebbleridge Kitchen arrives on Northam Burrows
- 9 Police seek driver after horse riders injured in Westward Ho! incident
- 10 Man wielding knife arrested in Barnstaple park