Police thank public for helping to fight crime
The public are helping police solve crime in Ilfracombe
OVER the last year, Ilfracombe police executed a total of 41 searches following information received from local people.
These included two firearms warrants, one theft warrant, one environmental health warrant and 37 Misuse of Drugs Act warrants.
As a result, police have closed down seven cannabis growing rooms, made 33 arrests for possession of heroin, cocaine, amphetamine and cannabis; and made one arrest for possession of a prohibited firearm.
“We would like to thank local people for the information they provide,” said Sgt Ian Dawson. “It enables us to tackle the issues that matter to local communities and helps keep Ilfracombe a safe place to live, work and visit.”
You may also want to watch:
The misuse of controlled drugs remains a priority for Ilfracombe town, identified through public surgeries, council meetings and community feedback.
- 1 North Devon company fined for pollution that killed more than 9,000 fish
- 2 Family pay tribute to 20-year-old Danny Goodman after tragic collision on A386
- 3 52-year-old man dies in three car crash between Bideford and Torrington
- 4 Burglar jailed for Westward Ho! raid that left pensioners too frightened to sleep
- 5 Coveted Muddy Stiletto award for Bideford's Josie's Interiors
- 6 Police investigate midnight assault on scooter rider in Barnstaple
- 7 North Devon Healthcare Trust department awarded Academic status
- 8 Man dies after 'single vehicle collision' on the A386
- 9 Barnstaple Fair set to return for 2021 - 'May the show go on!'
- 10 Ilfracombe lifeboat tows stricken yacht to safety