Police Taser threat to man with sword
- Credit: Archant
Ilfracombe man in custody awaiting questioning following incident yesterday evening.
POLICE threatened to use Taser guns on a man brandishing a sword in Ilfracombe yesterday evening (Monday).
Officers were called to a flat in Fore Street at around 11.45pm after concerns about the occupant had been raised by firefighters responding to the sound of an internal alarm.
Police activated their Tasers after being threatened by the 45-year-old.
A police spokesperson said: “Attending officers drew their Tasers and activated their red dots and gave clear verbal warnings to the male as part of an approved tactic to defuse a violent situation without activating the Taser.
You may also want to watch:
“The male responded to the warnings and discarded the sword and was then arrested. “The incident was resolved peacefully and no persons were injured.”
The man, from Ilfracombe, is in custody at Barnstaple Police Station awaiting interview today.
- 1 Farmer fined for ploughing up protected Iron Age remains
- 2 Thieves steal £3,500 of fragrances from Barnstaple department store
- 3 North Devon men to swim the English Channel and back again
- 4 Tractor guidance systems taken from farm near Bideford
- 5 Bideford woman wins £70,000 and turns miles into trees
- 6 Rare vehicles from Dave Vanstone Collection go to auction
- 7 North Devon woman reveals huge collection of HM Queen portraits and memorabilia
- 8 Bideford town centre regeneration plan backed by council
- 9 South Molton youngsters enjoy Land Rover Premiership Rugby Cup
- 10 Barnstaple firm develops new anti-Covid alloy to replace stainless steel