Police seize plants in Torrington drugs raid
POLICE seized more than 100 cannabis plants during a raid on a house in Torrington last night (Tuesday). The plants, in various stages of growth, as well as various items of growing equipment, were discovered by officers serving a Misuse of Drugs Act warr
POLICE seized more than 100 cannabis plants during a raid on a house in Torrington last night (Tuesday).
The plants, in various stages of growth, as well as various items of growing equipment, were discovered by officers serving a Misuse of Drugs Act warrant on the unoccupied house in New Street.
"No arrests have been made and enquiries are still continuing with regards to the potential offender or offenders," said PC Sacha Lewis, of the local Police and Communities Together (PACT) scheme.
"This was an intelligence-led operation based on information received by the PACT team.
You may also want to watch:
"The amount of cannabis seized by police will obviously have quite an impact on the amount circulating in the local community," added PC Lewis.
- 1 Family pay tribute to 20-year-old Danny Goodman after tragic collision on A386
- 2 52-year-old man dies in three car crash between Bideford and Torrington
- 3 Burglar jailed for Westward Ho! raid that left pensioners too frightened to sleep
- 4 Coveted Muddy Stiletto award for Bideford's Josie's Interiors
- 5 Police investigate midnight assault on scooter rider in Barnstaple
- 6 North Devon Healthcare Trust department awarded Academic status
- 7 Northam Murder: Grieving family condemn killer's lies and cruelty
- 8 Man dies after 'single vehicle collision' on the A386
- 9 Ilfracombe lifeboat tows stricken yacht to safety
- 10 Man dies after crash involving two lorries and a motorbike near Torrington