Police seize cannabis haul at Mullacott
Drugs valued at around �60,000 found at Ilfracombe industrial estate.
CANNABIS with a street value of around �60,000 has been seized by police after a raid on a unit at Mullacott Cross Industrial Estate near Ilfracombe.
Four local men were arrested after police obtained an emergency search warrant and discovered what has been described as a ‘sophisticated grow room’ on the premises.
The suspicion of cannabis on the premises was raised by a police community support officer on October 2 who had been carrying out routine inquiries in the area.
“This was a very significant seizure of drugs and a great bit of work by local officers that I believe reflects our commitment to tackling those involved in the supply of illegal drugs locally,” said Inspector Roger Bartlett.
You may also want to watch:
The four men have been released on police bail while inquiries continue. Anyone with any information about this matter or other criminality is asked to call Crimestoppers on 0800 555111 or local police on 101.
- 1 Man arrested after 'serious assault' outside Barnstaple nightclub
- 2 Assault and attempted robbery near Tarka Trail
- 3 Drink driver banned after Ilfracombe Lidl crash
- 4 Braunton assault leaves teen with 'serious head injuries' - witness appeal
- 5 Contractor appointed to repair Rock Park Bridge
- 6 Holsworthy conveyancer crowned Young Practitioner of the Year
- 7 Yelland Quay development refused - Campaigners celebrate
- 8 Man, 22, arrested after cyclist dies in Bideford crash
- 9 Surf trio take on epic surf paddle challenge in memory of best friends
- 10 Brian Greenslade's name scraped off plaque after sex assault trial