Police seize cannabis haul at Mullacott
Drugs valued at around �60,000 found at Ilfracombe industrial estate.
CANNABIS with a street value of around �60,000 has been seized by police after a raid on a unit at Mullacott Cross Industrial Estate near Ilfracombe.
Four local men were arrested after police obtained an emergency search warrant and discovered what has been described as a ‘sophisticated grow room’ on the premises.
The suspicion of cannabis on the premises was raised by a police community support officer on October 2 who had been carrying out routine inquiries in the area.
“This was a very significant seizure of drugs and a great bit of work by local officers that I believe reflects our commitment to tackling those involved in the supply of illegal drugs locally,” said Inspector Roger Bartlett.
You may also want to watch:
The four men have been released on police bail while inquiries continue. Anyone with any information about this matter or other criminality is asked to call Crimestoppers on 0800 555111 or local police on 101.
- 1 'Controversial' plan to close mental health centres in North Devon
- 2 Holidaymaker jailed for attacking partner in Ilfracombe
- 3 820 homes approved for Landkey despite council concern
- 4 Northam man who searched for child pornography sent on treatment course
- 5 Torridge launches Waste and Recycling Roadshows
- 6 Man seriously injured at Appledore Quay - Witness Appeal
- 7 PICTURES: Women 'Walk Taller Than The Trees' at Nightwalk 2021
- 8 PICTURES: Bideford 10k is back for 2021
- 9 Arts Council England announces support for North Devon
- 10 'Monster' jailed after abuse victim tells judge of his torment