Police seize £1,400 in cash in Bideford raid
- Credit: Archant
Other items including drill bits, cosmetics, alcohol and tobacco were seized from a house in Bideford.
POLICE have seized a large amount of cash, cosmetics, alcohol and tobacco from a house in Bideford which is believed to have been stolen.
The warrant executed on September 3 in Market Place saw officers find £1,400 in notes and coins, shaving kits, unopened alcohol, cosmetics, ladies shoes, Bosch drill bits and a large amount of tobacco.
One man was arrested for theft and subsequently a second address in Watkins Way in East-the-Water was searched and a large amount of alcohol seized.
Acting sergeant Paul Strutt of the proactive delivery team based at Barnstaple Police Station, said: “This forms part of an ongoing initiative to combat theft and the handling of stolen property linked to the use and supply of illegal drugs”.
You may also want to watch:
A 32 year old Bideford male was reported for offences of handling stolen property and remains on police bail to allow for further enquiries to be carried out regarding the origin of the property seized.
- 1 820 homes approved for Landkey despite council concern
- 2 Northam man who searched for child pornography sent on treatment course
- 3 PICTURES: Women 'Walk Taller Than The Trees' at Nightwalk 2021
- 4 Man seriously injured at Appledore Quay - Witness Appeal
- 5 PICTURES: Bideford 10k is back for 2021
- 6 Torridge launches Waste and Recycling Roadshows
- 7 Tributes paid to North Devon librarian Ian Tansley
- 8 Arts Council England announces support for North Devon
- 9 Dolton remembers resident Rolling Stone Charlie Watts
- 10 Sale of Bideford's Brunswick Wharf completed