Police seize £1,400 in cash in Bideford raid
- Credit: Archant
Other items including drill bits, cosmetics, alcohol and tobacco were seized from a house in Bideford.
POLICE have seized a large amount of cash, cosmetics, alcohol and tobacco from a house in Bideford which is believed to have been stolen.
The warrant executed on September 3 in Market Place saw officers find £1,400 in notes and coins, shaving kits, unopened alcohol, cosmetics, ladies shoes, Bosch drill bits and a large amount of tobacco.
One man was arrested for theft and subsequently a second address in Watkins Way in East-the-Water was searched and a large amount of alcohol seized.
Acting sergeant Paul Strutt of the proactive delivery team based at Barnstaple Police Station, said: “This forms part of an ongoing initiative to combat theft and the handling of stolen property linked to the use and supply of illegal drugs”.
You may also want to watch:
A 32 year old Bideford male was reported for offences of handling stolen property and remains on police bail to allow for further enquiries to be carried out regarding the origin of the property seized.
- 1 A361 Link Road closed after three vehicle crash
- 2 Thieves steal £3,500 of fragrances from Barnstaple department store
- 3 North Devon men to swim the English Channel and back again
- 4 Bideford woman wins £70,000 and turns miles into trees
- 5 Farmer fined for ploughing up protected Iron Age remains
- 6 Tractor guidance systems taken from farm near Bideford
- 7 Rare vehicles from Dave Vanstone Collection go to auction
- 8 Bideford town centre regeneration plan backed by council
- 9 North Devon woman reveals huge collection of HM Queen portraits and memorabilia
- 10 Barnstaple firm develops new anti-Covid alloy to replace stainless steel