Police seek witnesses to ‘unprovoked and cowardly’ attack on football club pensioner
- Credit: Archant
Victim left with facial injuries following Bideford assault.
A 78-year-old football club volunteer was left with facial injuries after an attack at Bideford Football Club.
The victim was assaulted while challenging a teenager alleged to be causing damage at the club in Kingsley Road at around 10pm on Thursday, July 2.
He sustained a bruised, swollen and lacerated left eye as a result of what police have described as an ‘unprovoked and cowardly act’.
The offender is described as approximately 17 years old and about 5ft 8ins tall.
You may also want to watch:
He is described as having a very pale complexion. He was wearing a blue hoody which had a distinctive ‘T’ motif on the left breast.
The suspect who was very emotional during the assault, told his victim his age, that he had 13-year-old brother and that his father had just died.
- 1 Devon's Tiki surf brand is up for sale
- 2 I'm Still Standing: Ambulance worker's battle against the darkness
- 3 'Bonkers' idea led to the creation of Children's Hospice South West
- 4 Northam murder suspect remanded in custody
- 5 Barnstaple man cleared of drug dealing charges
- 6 Barnstaple's The ilab launches iPad appeal to help lockdown home schoolers
- 7 Tributes to Ilfracombe's 30-year school governor
- 8 Three more Covid deaths at North Devon District Hospital but cases are falling
- 9 Man charged with murder of Northam pensioner
- 10 Council and police step up Covid enforcement in North Devon
Anyone who has information is asked to contact police on 101 quoting log number 941 02/07/2015.