Police seek driver after horse riders injured in Westward Ho! incident
- Credit: LDRS
Police are appealing for a driver to come forward after an incident involving a car, two horses and their riders.
The incident on the B3236, Buckleigh Road in Westward Ho!, close to the entrance of Herons Lea residential care home, took place just before 6pm on Saturday, April 3, left one rider with two fractured vertebrae.
Both horses were gathered in quickly but both riders required hospital treatment.
The car involved was reported to have stopped at the scene for a short time but left before any details were exchanged.
It is thought the car, a white Dacia Sandero, was being driven by a man in his 70s, described as being of short, stocky build, with short dark hair.
You may also want to watch:
Police are appealing for the driver to come forward, as well as any witnesses who may have information about what happened.
Anyone who has information is asked to email email@example.com or call 101, quoting log number 811, of Saturday, April 3.
- 1 Jealous Barnstaple boyfriend made divorcee get rid of wedding dress
- 2 North Devon business signs up to 1 billion tree project
- 3 The Plough announces Open-Air Theatre Festival
- 4 Criminal damage at Fremington Football Club - Police appeal
- 5 Bungling Northam burglar facing jail
- 6 Holidaycottages.co.uk celebrates launch of new office in Braunton
- 7 Boris Johnson - Time between Covid jabs cut in response to Indian variant
- 8 Little Leo’s big challenge for Children’s Hospice South West
- 9 Why it‘s important to shop local in North Devon post-lockdown
- 10 North Devon sign West Indian pace bowler