Police seek custody volunteers
Local people sought to observe and comment on North Devon’s custody facilities.
Devon and Cornwall Police are looking for volunteers to pay unannounced visits to police stations.
Independent Custody Visitors (ICV) are being sought in North Devon to visit Barnstaple police station to offer protection to both detainees and police.
The volunteers will observe, comment and report of the rights of the detainee, the health and welfare of the detainee and the conditions of the custody facilities.
Becki Brodest, ICV coordinator, said: “Our aim is to develop a volunteer panel which reflects the diversity of the communities we serve and is committed to the belief that all people have the right to be treated with dignity and respect.
You may also want to watch:
“We particularly welcome applications from members of all minority groups.”
For more information or to apply for the role contact Becki on 01392 225564 or Becki.BRODEST@Devonandcornwall.pnn.police.uk
- 1 North Devon sign West Indian pace bowler
- 2 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 3 'ThINK it through before you tattoo' urges council
- 4 Ilfracombe man, 64, must pay compensation for baseball bat attack
- 5 People in North Devon urged to take up the vaccine to help protect others
- 6 5-year-old Emily signs up to Appledore RNLI Mayday Mile Event
- 7 MP nominates North Devon champions for Levelling Up Awards
- 8 Alison Hernandez vows to get tough on crime as she retains PCC role
- 9 Small-time drug dealer 'caught red-handed'
- 10 Police appeal after Barnstaple brawl