Police seek custody volunteers
Local people sought to observe and comment on North Devon’s custody facilities.
Devon and Cornwall Police are looking for volunteers to pay unannounced visits to police stations.
Independent Custody Visitors (ICV) are being sought in North Devon to visit Barnstaple police station to offer protection to both detainees and police.
The volunteers will observe, comment and report of the rights of the detainee, the health and welfare of the detainee and the conditions of the custody facilities.
Becki Brodest, ICV coordinator, said: “Our aim is to develop a volunteer panel which reflects the diversity of the communities we serve and is committed to the belief that all people have the right to be treated with dignity and respect.
You may also want to watch:
“We particularly welcome applications from members of all minority groups.”
For more information or to apply for the role contact Becki on 01392 225564 or Becki.BRODEST@Devonandcornwall.pnn.police.uk
- 1 North Devon company fined for pollution that killed more than 9,000 fish
- 2 Family pay tribute to 20-year-old Danny Goodman after tragic collision on A386
- 3 52-year-old man dies in three car crash between Bideford and Torrington
- 4 Burglar jailed for Westward Ho! raid that left pensioners too frightened to sleep
- 5 Coveted Muddy Stiletto award for Bideford's Josie's Interiors
- 6 Police investigate midnight assault on scooter rider in Barnstaple
- 7 North Devon Healthcare Trust department awarded Academic status
- 8 Man dies after 'single vehicle collision' on the A386
- 9 Barnstaple Fair set to return for 2021 - 'May the show go on!'
- 10 Woman reportedly assaulted at Bideford park - Police seek witnesses