Police search two Barnstaple flats in drugs swoop
A quantity of what are believed to be both class A and B drugs, were seized during the execution of two search warrants under the Misuse of Drugs Act in Barnstaple Officers from the Barnstaple neighbourhood, and PACT teams carried out the operation assist
A quantity of what are believed to be both class A and B drugs, were seized during the execution of two search warrants under the Misuse of Drugs Act in Barnstaple
Officers from the Barnstaple neighbourhood, and PACT teams carried out the operation assisted by a number of officers from the force's tactical aid group.
Police used door enforcement equipment to gain entry to the properties, which are flats within separate buildings in Sunflower Road, close to the town centre. And a police drugs detection dog was used to assist officers who located the drugs in one of the flats.
A 31-year-old local woman was arrested on suspicion of cultivation of controlled substances and interviewed and released on police bail until October 9.
You may also want to watch:
The operation on Wednesday was part of the ongoing efforts of local officers to combat the use of drugs in the area.
Police Community Support Officers from the local team visited a large number of properties, where they informed householders of the enforcement action being taken in the street.
- 1 Northam Murder: Carer guilty of brutal murder of frail widow
- 2 Woman reportedly assaulted at Bideford park - Police seek witnesses
- 3 Man dies after 'single vehicle collision' on the A386
- 4 Man dies after crash involving two lorries and a motorbike near Torrington
- 5 Northam Murder: Judge tells jury to put aside emotion
- 6 Barnstaple Fair set to return for 2021 - 'May the show go on!'
- 7 Evidence of damage found at Iron Age monument near Ilfracombe
- 8 £60,000 street marshal investment to make North Devon safer
- 9 Lockdown breaker caught dealing cannabis in Barnstaple
- 10 Plan for 173 homes on Torrington Creamery site approved despite no affordable homes
PC Lucy Robinson of the Barnstaple town centre team said: "The operation is part of our ongoing commitment to take direct and firm action against those who deal drugs within our town".
"We are confident that such action is taken with the full support of the local community who along with ourselves, will not tolerate such harmful behaviour within Barnstaple.