Police search two Barnstaple flats in drugs swoop
A quantity of what are believed to be both class A and B drugs, were seized during the execution of two search warrants under the Misuse of Drugs Act in Barnstaple Officers from the Barnstaple neighbourhood, and PACT teams carried out the operation assist
A quantity of what are believed to be both class A and B drugs, were seized during the execution of two search warrants under the Misuse of Drugs Act in Barnstaple
Officers from the Barnstaple neighbourhood, and PACT teams carried out the operation assisted by a number of officers from the force's tactical aid group.
Police used door enforcement equipment to gain entry to the properties, which are flats within separate buildings in Sunflower Road, close to the town centre. And a police drugs detection dog was used to assist officers who located the drugs in one of the flats.
A 31-year-old local woman was arrested on suspicion of cultivation of controlled substances and interviewed and released on police bail until October 9.
You may also want to watch:
The operation on Wednesday was part of the ongoing efforts of local officers to combat the use of drugs in the area.
Police Community Support Officers from the local team visited a large number of properties, where they informed householders of the enforcement action being taken in the street.
- 1 Man wielding knife arrested in Barnstaple park
- 2 North Devon high streets get set to welcome residents back
- 3 Rapid coronavirus tests now available across Devon
- 4 Date set for reopening of Bideford Pannier Market
- 5 iLab marks 10th birthday with pledge to raise £10,000 for North Devon Hospice
- 6 Braunton farmer admits ploughing up 'semi natural' land
- 7 Mystery over Barnstaple builder's death
- 8 Date set for Barnstaple Pannier Market reopening
- 9 Westward Ho! housing plan for 138 new homes approved
- 10 Prom schoolgirl killed as she crossed road near Trimstone
PC Lucy Robinson of the Barnstaple town centre team said: "The operation is part of our ongoing commitment to take direct and firm action against those who deal drugs within our town".
"We are confident that such action is taken with the full support of the local community who along with ourselves, will not tolerate such harmful behaviour within Barnstaple.