Police search to find vehicle involved in two Combe Martin hit and runs
- Credit: Archant
One collision saw a child showered in glass as object protruding from trailer hit rear window of car.
Police are searching for a vehicle involved in two hit and runs in Combe Martin - one of which saw a child showered in glass.
The high-top Ford Transit van marked ‘Highways Maintenance’ on the back doors was towing a small trailer from which an object was protruding.
The first collision took place on King Street on Friday (January 8) at around 7.45pm.
The protruding object struck a blue Vauxhall Zafira vehicle on the driver’s side, smashing a rear window and showering a child in glass.
You may also want to watch:
The vehicle failed to stop and travelled on to Kentisbury where a second collision occurred where the object struck the driver’s side front pillar of a van.
Police are appealing to any witnesses or anyone who knows the identity of the Ford Transit vehicle.
- 1 Some North Devon GP surgeries to provide Covid vaccine clinics
- 2 Weather warning of snow and ice for Devon this weekend
- 3 Covid vaccine: Roll out continues but is North Devon being left out?
- 4 Exmoor Ramble legacy for legendary fundraiser as he battles terminal cancer
- 5 Farmer gets suspended sentence for tractor crash
- 6 Devon's Tiki surf brand is up for sale
- 7 Tributes to Ilfracombe's 30-year school governor
- 8 Plans to merge North Devon and Exeter health trusts move forward
- 9 Barnstaple man cleared of drug dealing charges
- 10 Barnstaple man’s 5k-a-day challenge for children’s hospice
If anyone has any information contact police on 101 quoting police reference 827 08/01/16.