Police search for missing man with links to Ilfracombe
- Credit: Archant
Luke Simmonds, 30, from Somerset was last seen on February 28 visiting extended family in Derbyshire.
POLICE are searching for a missing man from Somerset who has links to Ilfracombe.
Luke Simmonds, 30, was last seen on Friday, February 28 in New Mills in Derbyshire.
He had travelled from his home in Wells to visit extended family but left after an argument.
Luke was reported missing last week and since then we have been conducting enquiries to locate him.
You may also want to watch:
Police are becoming increasingly concerned for his welfare due to health issues and the fact he left without any money.
Detective Sergeant Vicky Rose, who is involved in the search for Luke, said: “It is almost two weeks since Luke went missing and his family, as well as the police officers looking for him, are becoming increasingly concerned for his safety.
- 1 A361 Link Road closed after three vehicle crash
- 2 Thieves steal £3,500 of fragrances from Barnstaple department store
- 3 North Devon men to swim the English Channel and back again
- 4 Bideford woman wins £70,000 and turns miles into trees
- 5 Farmer fined for ploughing up protected Iron Age remains
- 6 Tractor guidance systems taken from farm near Bideford
- 7 Rare vehicles from Dave Vanstone Collection go to auction
- 8 Bideford town centre regeneration plan backed by council
- 9 North Devon woman reveals huge collection of HM Queen portraits and memorabilia
- 10 Barnstaple firm develops new anti-Covid alloy to replace stainless steel
“Recently there have been personal issues which may have been causing him some anxiety and this might be why he has gone missing.
“If Luke sees our appeal I would ask him to get in touch with us and let us know he is ok.
“His family are worried about him and just want to be sure he is safe and well.”
Luke is a white man, around 6’ tall with a stocky build, short black hair, blue eyes and a Westcountry accent.
He is left handed and believed to have scarring on his chest. He was wearing a brown suede waist-length jacket, dark blue hooded top, blue jogging trousers and dark-brown steel toe-capped boots.
He was carrying a blue rucksack and a red Sainsbury’s cool-bag when he was last seen.
Police are unsure of his whereabouts and said he may have returned to Ilfracombe where he has some connections.
Anyone who has seen Luke since he went missing should contact Avon and Somerset Police on 101 and quote MP674/14.