Police renew appeal after further garden ornament thefts
- Credit: Archant
Thefts of garden ornaments reported from the Bideford, Northam, Appledore and Westward Ho! areas.
POLICE are issuing a further appeal for information after a series of garden ornament thefts throughout the Bideford, Appledore and Westward Ho! areas.
Last week the Gazette reported there had been three thefts of garden ornaments in the period of a month.
PCSO John McGovern confirmed there had also been several other thefts in the area.
A 3ft high owl ornament had been taken from a front garden in Stanbridge Park, Londonderry in Bideford.
In Oaklands in Bideford, an offender entered a garden overnight and a one metre high concrete statue of a butler and a 300mm fibre glass owl was stolen.
You may also want to watch:
In Northam, a wooden duck and a ceramic ball with a frog was stolen from a front garden in Tadworthy Road.
And in Westward Ho! a boxer dog garden ornament measuring two feet high was taken from a house in Drake Close from outside the front door.
- 1 North Devon's largest private employer needs workers to expand
- 2 'Controversial' plan to close mental health centres in North Devon
- 3 820 homes approved for Landkey despite council concern
- 4 Holidaymaker jailed for attacking partner in Ilfracombe
- 5 New Archdeacon of Barnstaple begins her role at special service in Bideford
- 6 North Devon optometrist highlights 'ticking timebomb' vision crisis
- 7 'Monster' jailed after abuse victim tells judge of his torment
- 8 Great Big Green Week backed by North Devon Council
- 9 Sale of Bideford's Brunswick Wharf completed
- 10 Man left with 'life changing' injuries after assault in Barnstaple
Police are appealing for anyone with information to get in touch by contacting non-emergency number 101.