Police release more details on Barnstaple sexual assault
Offender ‘used baby wipes and a disinfectant gel’
POLICE investigating a sexual assault on a 21-year-old woman in Barnstaple, have revealed that the man they are looking for is believed to have used baby wipes and a form of disinfectant gel during the attack.
The incident took place on waste land close to the underpass at the bottom of Sticklepath Hill on November 21 at about 6.30pm.
The offender is described as a white man of chubby build, about 5ft 7ins tall, who was wearing dark clothing.
Police are appealing for information on any man fitting this description who may have been seen with baby wipes and gel. He may well have bought them and the shop assistant may remember him.
You may also want to watch:
The area where the attack took place was very wet and muddy and the offender would possibly have had a considerable amount of mud on his footwear.
Anyone who can help should call the police on 101 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555111 quoting CB/11/3682.
- 1 Northam Murder: Carer guilty of brutal murder of frail widow
- 2 Woman reportedly assaulted at Bideford park - Police seek witnesses
- 3 Man dies after 'single vehicle collision' on the A386
- 4 Man dies after crash involving two lorries and a motorbike near Torrington
- 5 Northam Murder: Judge tells jury to put aside emotion
- 6 Evidence of damage found at Iron Age monument near Ilfracombe
- 7 £60,000 street marshal investment to make North Devon safer
- 8 Northam murder suspect accused of telling a 'litany of lies' about killing
- 9 South Molton pub attacker must pay compensation after kicking customer in head
- 10 Lockdown breaker caught dealing cannabis in Barnstaple