Police release more details on Barnstaple sexual assault
Offender ‘used baby wipes and a disinfectant gel’
POLICE investigating a sexual assault on a 21-year-old woman in Barnstaple, have revealed that the man they are looking for is believed to have used baby wipes and a form of disinfectant gel during the attack.
The incident took place on waste land close to the underpass at the bottom of Sticklepath Hill on November 21 at about 6.30pm.
The offender is described as a white man of chubby build, about 5ft 7ins tall, who was wearing dark clothing.
Police are appealing for information on any man fitting this description who may have been seen with baby wipes and gel. He may well have bought them and the shop assistant may remember him.
You may also want to watch:
The area where the attack took place was very wet and muddy and the offender would possibly have had a considerable amount of mud on his footwear.
Anyone who can help should call the police on 101 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555111 quoting CB/11/3682.
- 1 Devon health boss 'concerned' at low Covid booster uptake
- 2 Link centre consultation 'absolute nonsense' say campaigners
- 3 £2.1m upgrade will provide space for 38 new North Devon jobs
- 4 People and businesses asked to join Barnstaple clean up
- 5 'Neglected' North Devon taxi firm challenged by councillors
- 6 Real ice rink coming to Barnstaple Christmas Village
- 7 Drink spiking crackdown after needle attack - Devon Police
- 8 Bideford's First Food and Drink Festival coming soon
- 9 Appeal goes out to patients as Devon's health service buckle under pressure
- 10 Good news for Combe Martin’s water quality