Police probe Torridge recycle bin disappearance
- Credit: Archant
Bright green media bank stolen from Northam car park in broad daylight.
A BRIGHT green recycling bank was stolen in broad daylight from a car park Northam.
The 150kg media bank – a recycling facility for old CDs and DVDs – was taken from Bone Hill car park between 9.10am and 10.30am on Thursday, October 3.
Councillor Chris Leather, Torridge District Council’s lead member for waste and recycling, said: “It beggars belief that someone would steal a recycling facility meant for the benefit of the whole community.
“We can pinpoint the time it was taken as South Molton Recycle emptied it at 9.08am on that Thursday, and one of our recycling officers noticed it missing at 10.30am the same day.”
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with any information about the missing media bank is asked to call the police on 101 quoting crime reference number CD/13/1888.
- 1 PICTURES: New Bideford book merges old pictures with new
- 2 Man with 'fearsome' ornamental knife arrested in Barnstaple
- 3 Ilfracombe dressage star Caitlin Burgess pursues Olympic dream
- 4 Assault and attempted robbery near Tarka Trail
- 5 Man arrested after 'serious assault' outside Barnstaple nightclub
- 6 North Devon grandad takes on 700 mile cycling challenge
- 7 Drink driver banned after Ilfracombe Lidl crash
- 8 Surf trio take on epic surf paddle challenge in memory of best friends
- 9 Holsworthy conveyancer crowned Young Practitioner of the Year
- 10 HubHop - New shopping app for independent shops in North Devon