Police probe last hours of murdered women
POLICE investigating the murder of two women in Barnstaple have appealed for help from the public as they attempt to piece together their last hours. Deborah Jones and Donna St John, both aged 35, were found stabbed to death following a fire at Ms Jones
POLICE investigating the murder of two women in Barnstaple have appealed for help from the public as they attempt to piece together their last hours.
Deborah Jones and Donna St John, both aged 35, were found stabbed to death following a fire at Ms Jones' Barnstaple semi at 9am on Sunday morning.
Neil Langmead, Ms Jones' husband, is seriously ill but stable in North Devon District Hospital. Police are guarding him but have not been able to talk to him ..
He was pulled from the Fort Mead Close house by fire fighters on Sunday morning after smoke was seen coming from the property.
You may also want to watch:
Police inquiries have established that the two women, whom they identified by their maiden names at the request of their families, had been out drinking in Barnstaple on Saturday night and at one stage visited the Toko bar.
Officers would like to hear from anyone who saw them during the evening.
- 1 Devon's Tiki surf brand is up for sale
- 2 Barnstaple man cleared of drug dealing charges
- 3 Plans to merge North Devon and Exeter health trusts move forward
- 4 'Bonkers' idea led to the creation of Children's Hospice South West
- 5 Northam murder suspect remanded in custody
- 6 Barnstaple man attacked his wife and neighbour after Christmas drink
- 7 Covid delays Barnstaple councillor's trial again
- 8 I'm Still Standing: Ambulance worker's battle against the darkness
- 9 Barnstaple's The ilab launches iPad appeal to help lockdown home schoolers
- 10 Three more Covid deaths at North Devon District Hospital but cases are falling
The women, accompanied by a man, returned to Fort Mead Close between 2am and 3am on Sunday. It is believed they had problems getting in, due to a forgotten key.
Police would like to hear from anyone who may have seen them outside the property or heard any disturbance.
Detective Inspector Mike West said: "We are satisfied that this is a closed scene confined to the inside of the house and that we are not looking for anyone else in connection with this incident."
Anyone with information should call the police on 08452 777444 quoting police reference 404 220810.