Police probe Barnstaple cash point robbery
- Credit: Archant
Man allegedly marched from High Street to Tesco at Seven Brethren and forced to withdraw cash.
TWO men are in police custody after allegedly forcing a man to withdraw money from a cash point in Barnstaple.
The victim initially handed over cash after being threatened in Barnstaple High Street at around 5.40pm yesterday (Wednesday).
He was then escorted to the Tesco Extra at Seven Brethren where he was forced to withdraw a further £40.
Two men, both from Barnstaple aged 33 and 41, were arrested on suspicion of robbery by the River Taw at the rear of Rock Park shortly afterwards.
You may also want to watch:
They are set to be quizzed at Barnstaple Police Station later today.
Anyone who witnessed any of the incident, particularly at Tesco Extra, is asked to contact Police on 101 or alternatively Crimestoppers on 0800 555111 quoting crime reference CB/13/2953.
- 1 One of Bideford's oldest tea rooms sold at auction
- 2 £34,000 raised for plumber Jed Mason with stage four cancer in less than 48 hours
- 3 New details on Barnstaple town centre regeneration revealed
- 4 Brunswick Wharf developer given grant money to fix quay wall
- 5 Barnstaple dealer says £3,100 stash in loft was poor quality
- 6 Opening of new nature reserve in Lynton
- 7 North Devon's largest private employer needs workers to expand
- 8 Clubber denies headbutt assault in Barnstaple
- 9 Homeless man jailed after attacking Barnstaple soldier in McDonald's
- 10 MISSING: Police search for David Kose from Ilfracombe