Police name Bideford A39 crash victim
POLICE have named the passenger who died following a crash on the A39 near Bideford on Wednesday evening. John Allison, 84, from the Cheltenham area, was killed when the Vauxhall Vectra he was travelling in collided with Nissan Patrol 4x4 at the Westleigh
POLICE have named the passenger who died following a crash on the A39 near Bideford on Wednesday evening.
John Allison, 84, from the Cheltenham area, was killed when the Vauxhall Vectra he was travelling in collided with Nissan Patrol 4x4 at the Westleigh Junction, by the Torridge bridge.
The driver of the Vauxhall was airlifted to North Devon District Hospital in Barnstaple but released from hospital later the same evening. The driver of the Nissan was uninjured.
Police are appealing for witnesses and would particularly like to speak to the occupants of a vehicle, which was turning off the A39 at the Westleigh junction having travelled from the Barnstaple direction at the time of the collision.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with any information is asked to call police on 08452 777444 quoting police ref. Log 631 090909.
- 1 Northam Murder: Carer guilty of brutal murder of frail widow
- 2 Woman reportedly assaulted at Bideford park - Police seek witnesses
- 3 Man dies after 'single vehicle collision' on the A386
- 4 Man dies after crash involving two lorries and a motorbike near Torrington
- 5 Northam Murder: Judge tells jury to put aside emotion
- 6 Evidence of damage found at Iron Age monument near Ilfracombe
- 7 £60,000 street marshal investment to make North Devon safer
- 8 Plan for 173 homes on Torrington Creamery site approved despite no affordable homes
- 9 Lockdown breaker caught dealing cannabis in Barnstaple
- 10 Northam murder suspect accused of telling a 'litany of lies' about killing