Police motorcyclists will ram home safety message
MEMBERS of the Devon and Cornwall Police Motorcycle wing will be on hand in Barnstaple over the weekend of June 27 and 28 to explain and demonstrate the basics of roadcraft to members of the motorcycling public. The day begins with a welcoming cup of te
MEMBERS of the Devon and Cornwall Police Motorcycle wing will be on hand in Barnstaple over the weekend of June 27 and 28 to explain and demonstrate the basics of roadcraft to members of the motorcycling public.
The day begins with a welcoming cup of tea or coffee (and biscuits) and a summary of the day's events.
This is followed by a series of computer generated scenarios, revolving around various aspects of riding, where discussion and feedback is encouraged.
After a spot of lunch, the riders will be paired up with a Police motorcyclist for a quick briefing and then off into the North Devon countryside. This is normally on a one to one basis but may stretch to two members of the public per Police rider, where numbers dictate. The rideout will be divided up into riding assessments with the opportunity for feedback at each stage.
You may also want to watch:
"We encourage applications particularly from those who have never had any form of advanced rider training before, but of course all are welcome, said MPC Paul White.
"The cost is �25 for the day. Applicants are politely asked to ensure that their motorcycle is fully roadworthy, capable of at least 60 mph, and that they bring along the relevant documentation including a full motorcycle licence."
- 1 'No Fuel' - Panic buying and fuel shortages hit North Devon
- 2 £34,000 raised for plumber Jed Mason with stage four cancer in less than 48 hours
- 3 One of Bideford's oldest tea rooms sold at auction
- 4 Clubber denies headbutt assault in Barnstaple
- 5 New details on Barnstaple town centre regeneration revealed
- 6 Celebrations as gate to Pilton's Manning's Pit officially opened
- 7 Brunswick Wharf developer given grant money to fix quay wall
- 8 Barnstaple dealer says £3,100 stash in loft was poor quality
- 9 Homeless man jailed after attacking Barnstaple soldier in McDonald's
- 10 Bideford's Millbrook Dairy awarded its first star at Great Taste Awards
The venue is the main school hall at Park Community School, Barnstaple, which is just off the A361 link road at Newport, near to the Bishops Tawton roundabout.All details will be passed when booking.
To book a place simply ring (01626 )323755 where you can leave a message with the Bikesafe administrator.
Gift vouchers are also available via the administrator.
"As a footnote we would like to add that these courses are a real eye opener for many and this is confirmed by the positive feedback we regularly receive.," said MPC White. "Whether you ride a GSXR 1000 or a Vincent Black shadow, I guarantee that at least one aspect of the day will leave a positive impression on your riding. Please remember, we are not in the business of stopping you enjoying your riding. On the contrary, we believe we can demonstrate how to improve your skills and make every ride more satisfying.
"Roadcraft caters for slower riders as well as the quicker ones among us.