Police investigating Barnstaple murder identify woman found dead
- Credit: Archant
Woman found dead at a property in Sunflower Road, Barnstaple, is named as Valerie Davison.
Police investigating a murder in Barnstaple, have formally identified the woman who was found dead.
Valerie Davison, 59, known locally as Jane, was found at a property in Sunflower Road on Monday, November 18.
Officers attended a property in Sunflower Road at 2.20pm after a call from the ambulance service.
The death was initially treated as unexplained but following enquiries a 38-year-old local man was arrested in connection with the investigation the following evening.
You may also want to watch:
He continues to help police with enquiries and has been bailed into the care of a secure hospital outside of the North Devon area.
- 1 Heavy traffic in Barnstaple after crash involving car and pedestrian
- 2 UPDATE: Two people airlifted to hospital after A361 Link Road crash
- 3 Torrington school switches to remote learning after Covid cases
- 4 Rescue dog finally finds forever home after more than 200 days
- 5 Farmer who caused lamb ‘unnecessary suffering’ given two year ban
- 6 North Devon men to swim the English Channel and back again
- 7 Bideford woman wins £70,000 and turns miles into trees
- 8 A39 Atlantic Highway near new school 'safe' after no collisions in two years
- 9 Thieves steal £3,500 of fragrances from Barnstaple department store
- 10 Covid case rise in Devon's young people prompts warning